• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Positive News From Elio

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once gas prices go up to around $4 a gallon, that 36MPG Versa driving 15,000 miles will cost you $1,666 per year in fuel and the Elio will cost you $714 which saves you $952. Okay, that's only $82 a month but still... that's $82 a month. But, it DOES save 237 gallons of fuel per year!

***Not identified here - Driving the Elio ALSO saves you 22 vs. 38 fill ups!

***You'll fill the Elio up every 16 days but the Versa will get filled up every 9 days.

:)
Based on the price of gasoline printed below plus the popularity of motor cycles and small cars in Europe, the impact on Europe could be a Donald Trump "YUGE!". Either Paint or I could not figure how to copy the chart in a readable size. I got the data from http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/Europe/ and had the price in US dollars and the volume in US gallons. The price range starts at $2.33 in Belarus and ends with the highest price of $7.22 in Norway. As for large population countries, Germany pays $5.51 and France pays $5.72. Elio Europe could create sales that are beneficial for both the U. S. and Europe. The following chart is just the beginning of a much longer chart.

ELIO01.png

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How about globally?
(This is US Dollar amounts for liters of gas and it's 3.78 liters per gallon)

In the world

GasW.gif

Hong Kong is $7.30 per gallon

(Sorry Bikebrains; this is taken from that page you gave so Norway is not the highest, it's Hong Kong)

Diesel prices are crazy in Venezuela Diesel per liter is 0.00

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's see if this will work better (I had to do it in two sections)

View attachment 21271
View attachment 21272

At least you can read it now.
Excellent, much more readable. Would you please redo the same process using the U. S. gallon and U. S. dollar. The impact of multiplying the liter amount by nearly creates the real punch. France,with its large population, is paying $5.72 per gallon (U. S).
How about globally?

In the world

View attachment 21273

(Sorry Bikebrains; this is taken from that page you gave so Norway is not the highest, it's Hong Kong)

How about globally?

In the world

View attachment 21273

The first sentence reads:"Based on the price of gasoline printed below plus the popularity of motor cycles and small cars in Europe, the impact on Europe could be a Donald Trump "YUGE!"." My interest at this time is solely Europe. The URL for the Europe stats is: http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/Europe/.
I used the home page just for documentation purposes. I will update the comment using the precise URL rather just the name of the website's home page. Thanks for the "heads up".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent, much more readable. Would you please redo the same process using the U. S. gallon and U. S. dollar. The impact of multiplying the liter amount by nearly creates the real punch. France,with its large population, is paying $5.72 per gallon (U. S).

The first sentence reads:"Based on the price of gasoline printed below plus the popularity of motor cycles and small cars in Europe, the impact on Europe could be a Donald Trump "YUGE!"." My interest at this time is solely Europe. The URL for the Europe stats is: http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/Europe/.
I used the home page just for documentation purposes. I will update the comment using the precise URL rather just the name of the website's home page. Thanks for the "heads up".
I would be looking at Asian markets, higher population density, and far more cars ever since China started building all those freeways and surface streets.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI - the House is holding a Joint Energy Subcommittee and Oversight Subcommittee hearing on DOE's loan program. Hard to tell what issues will be covered, but the working title for the hearing, "Risky Business: The DOE Loan Guarantee Program," sounds a bit ominous.

On the other hand, since the ATVM loan is a direct loan rather than a loan guarantee, maybe it won't be covered in this hearing. Fingers duly crossed.

https://science.house.gov/legislati...sight-subcommittee-hearing-risky-business-doe

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI - the House is holding a Joint Energy Subcommittee and Oversight Subcommittee hearing on DOE's loan program. Hard to tell what issues will be covered, but the working title for the hearing, "Risky Business: The DOE Loan Guarantee Program," sounds a bit ominous.

On the other hand, since the ATVM loan is a direct loan rather than a loan guarantee, maybe it won't be covered in this hearing. Fingers duly crossed.

https://science.house.gov/legislati...sight-subcommittee-hearing-risky-business-doe
1. Isn't the ATVM loan program a guarantee rather than a direct loan?
2. When does the Perry confirmation hearing begin?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. Isn't the ATVM loan program a guarantee rather than a direct loan?
2. When does the Perry confirmation hearing begin?
1. No, it's a direct loan according to the documentation. But it really doesn't matter since the hearing covers both:
Hearing Charter said:
The purpose of the hearing is to continue the Committee’s oversight of the Department of Energy’s loan guarantee program, to examine the market impact and risk associated with federal direct loans and loan guarantees for energy innovation, and to consider options to reform the program in the 115th Congress.

2. Perry's committee hearing is complete and he passed that vote, but as far as I can tell the full senate confirmation vote hasn't been scheduled yet.

Top Bottom