• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Random Thoughts...

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question: Is Paul Elio a scammer? I think not. Why? Because if he were, he would have been trying to get more people to sign up for all-in reservations. A true scammer tries to milk their scheme for all it's worth. That's not happening with Elio. I'll be glad when the financing is completed and we are being given updates on when production will start. Seeing pictures of activity in the Shreveport plant would be nice too.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Should a rear window turn out to be a popular customer request and it became a company-offered option, thinking practically, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

I imagine a scenario in which stock Elio vehicles would arrive at the customization centers, have the standard trunk lid removed, and replace it with one featuring a window cutout occupied by tinted tempered glass. Added options like rear window louvers for sporty exterior aesthetics and/or a rear window defroster may then become available.

Bottom line: IMHO, the basic design without a rear window is sufficient; however, the company should consider different options for the rear trunk lid (window, defrost, tint, wiper, louvers, etc).
Have you actually taken a look at the size and location of the trunk lid? including a window within the lid, or even a replacement that was completely see through would not do the driver any good.

The rear seat headrest (or passenger's head) would completely block the view of your see through trunk lid.
elio-motors_elio_in1_14.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you actually taken a look at the size and location of the trunk lid? including a window within the lid, or even a replacement that was completely see through would not do the driver any good.

The rear seat headrest (or passenger's head) would completely block the view of your see through trunk lid.
View attachment 22982
Never seen these pics of the rear seat...hardly any room on both sides. It's you, the side wall and the bumper of the other car on a side impact. And there's no stopping your head from hitting either side of the wall. ouch. Check out RUCRAZE's post of Paul Elio peeking out of the rear hatch....see his shoulders almost the width of the rear hatch???? I'll feel really awful taking somebody for a ride let alone taking that risk! The tadpole design is so because of a single rear wheel but squeezing a rear seat to make it a "two seater".......if it gets made, I'll still buy it but will remove the rear seat and use the space for hauling stuff, install a real rear window to make sense for a rear view mirror. Yap, a single seater ELIO for me.

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never seen these pics of the rear seat...hardly any room on both sides. It's you, the side wall and the bumper of the other car on a side impact. And there's no stopping your head from hitting either side of the wall. ouch. Check out RUCRAZE's post of Paul Elio peeking out of the rear hatch....see his shoulders almost the width of the rear hatch???? I'll feel really awful taking somebody for a ride let alone taking that risk! The tadpole design is so because of a single rear wheel but squeezing a rear seat to make it a "two seater".......if it gets made, I'll still buy it but will remove the rear seat and use the space for hauling stuff, install a real rear window to make sense for a rear view mirror. Yap, a single seater ELIO for me.

I would really like to see a pick of the back area without the rear seat.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've sat in the back of an Elio twice. It's OK and I can see why there's no use for a rear view mirror because you'd be looking at the rear head rest or the passenger. Plus, it doesn't seem like if there was a rear window, you'd see much out the rear even with the rear seat folded down. Thus the reason a rear view camera would be a great option.

As for the cargo area, you'd need to remove the rear seat backrest. I suggested to them to make it like a pickup truck tailgate. Where you have some sort of angle it goes at where it could easily be removed. With that removed, you'd get more cargo area but you'd now have a massive step as opposed to a flat floor.

What was everyone else's opinion when you sat in the back of an Elio and the practical storage area you seen in person?

Top Bottom