• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rear Tire Change

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard many of the taxi drivers you refer to are now moving into that private owner sector........the wonderful world of Uber. They don't have my credit card information.
the great thing about uber is if you have a crappy rude driver, you can rate him bad and eventually he will be thrown off uber. im not saying all drivers are bad but all taxi companies are bad. i am glad the drivers are leaving for uber. now they can actually make a decent wage and work a normal 8 hour shift instead of six 12 hour shifts with no sleep. the car will be clean, since its theirs, and they have incentive to keep it clean and be nice. remember they drive when THEY want to, so they are much happier.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard many of the taxi drivers you refer to are now moving into that private owner sector........the wonderful world of Uber. They don't have my credit card information.

What with all these credit card breaches going on I'm not sure I wish to give them my credit card information either.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A towing rider is very cheap (at least with my insurer). I intend to get a spare wheel and mount a tire on it and keep it at home. If home is close I will have my Elio towed home and swap the tires myself. I am not sure if the production elio will have two different sized tires. I think that if I get the same size as the front tires I could fix a rear tire problem temporarily.

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What with all these credit card breaches going on I'm not sure I wish to give them my credit card information either.
the driver doesnt get your credit card info. Uber has your info on file and then you sign at the end of the ride. like amazon has your credit card info. its a 20 billion dollar company which is part owned by google. you will be fine.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering what it takes to change the rear tire if needed? Most times a can of fix a flat would work.But what if you had a major blowout on the road? I assume there will not be a spare tire in the Elio.
No, there won't. There is a whole thread discussing this issue that you may want to review.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And they were stored with the spare tire

We have been told, so far, the Elio will have no spare tire.
So, 'Expect the Best, prepare for the Worse, and Deal with rest'.
No vechile is completly fail proof. If we just use, an almost forgotten trait, we all have but have seemed to have lost, we can survive. A flat tire Is Not the End of the World.

'COMMON SENCE (is) so Rare, it's kinda like a Super Power'.(?)

Top Bottom