• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I spoke to someone at Elio the other day regarding upgrading my all-in amount, not only did the fellow know who I was (they like my photography), but when I mentioned I had written letters to DOE and others in support of their loan guarantee application, the reaction was "that's cool!" This chap's name was Allen, but I have no idea who he is in the structure of things. But frankly, I think Elio is so small and relatively inexperienced that it may not have dawned on them that there's a small and vocal advocacy group available to them. There just aren't very many of them to manage all that they have to do ... so if you're waiting around for permission, or for them to ask .... it could be a long wait.

I agree with Goofy that the real potential for genuine job creation, the environmental benefits, and the reduction in petroleum use are all key reasons for gov't to help Elio succeed.

What also helps in any such letter is how the Elio makes things better for YOU as an individual. In my case, the gas savings alone add up to $2,500 a year, some of which I'll be putting right back into the economy. That's not a small amount, and not an abnormal amount of savings. (20K miles / yr Elio, 60% city driving, gas at $3.71 vs 20mpg in my ragged old Subaru). If you have a story like that (e.g., lets me get to my job 75 miles away) you should definitely mention it.

Two reasons a personal "Elio benefit story" is helpful: the human touch counts, and it keeps the reader from thinking this is a form letter being mass-produced by a PR mill. In other words, the personal detail authenticates you as a writer in good faith, raising your credibility.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I spoke to someone at Elio the other day regarding upgrading my all-in amount, not only did the fellow know who I was (they like my photography), but when I mentioned I had written letters to DOE and others in support of their loan guarantee application, the reaction was "that's cool!" This chap's name was Allen, but I have no idea who he is in the structure of things. But frankly, I think Elio is so small and relatively inexperienced that it may not have dawned on them that there's a small and vocal advocacy group available to them. There just aren't very many of them to manage all that they have to do ... so if you're waiting around for permission, or for them to ask .... it could be a long wait.

I agree with Goofy that the real potential for genuine job creation, the environmental benefits, and the reduction in petroleum use are all key reasons for gov't to help Elio succeed.

What also helps in any such letter is how the Elio makes things better for YOU as an individual. In my case, the gas savings alone add up to $2,500 a year, some of which I'll be putting right back into the economy. That's not a small amount, and not an abnormal amount of savings. (20K miles / yr Elio, 60% city driving, gas at $3.71 vs 20mpg in my ragged old Subaru). If you have a story like that (e.g., lets me get to my job 75 miles away) you should definitely mention it.

Two reasons a personal "Elio benefit story" is helpful: the human touch counts, and it keeps the reader from thinking this is a form letter being mass-produced by a PR mill. In other words, the personal detail authenticates you as a writer in good faith, raising your credibility.
I have written letters to all my elected officials, Secretary of Energy, Department of Transportation, and the President espousing the positive aspects of the Elio, how it will restore production in America, create jobs, reduce dependence on foreign oil, reduce greenhouse gases (I'm not a Greenie but they love to hear that) and how it will revolutionize transportation. I also said if they really were serious about reducing government costs they should contract for at least 1000 Elios as a demonstration of their commitment to all the related environmental and economic issues

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
image.jpg
At least I know they read the letter I sent!

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Yeah pretty much only more like you with a whole army of tanks, planes, aircraft carriers, divisions of soldiers, fighter planes circling, bombers circling, drones circling, nuclear ballistic missiles, etc all aimed right at you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom