• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Tour

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too will be doing the factory pick up .... IF my Elio comes with synthetic oil ... my first stop will be the closest oil change place for a DINO fill :)
Then 500 miles of stomp and glide to load the rings in both directions .... then back to synth @ 5K intervals .... worked on all my bikes !!! :D

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too will be doing the factory pick up .... IF my Elio comes with synthetic oil ... my first stop will be the closest oil change place for a DINO fill :)
Then 500 miles of stomp and glide to load the rings in both directions .... then back to synth @ 5K intervals .... worked on all my bikes !!! :D

'scuse my ignorance, DINO? you mean regular Fossil oil?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When at the Portland showing (almost said Portland viewing, which would be something altogether different) I was told that the oil filter will be a common PF53 filter.
Good info, I had wondered about the filter and have never seen it mentioned.
Found these on Ebay,
ACDelco PF53 Duraguard oil filters (2)
For 4$ with 5$ shipping = 4.50 each

One will go in my clothes bag for the trip to Shreveport, save the other for later, and I'll take the Long Way home.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Living this close to Shreveport, the "crib of the Elio," I DEFINITELY am planning to pick my Elio up from the "nursery," and take the long way back home. I will cover as many miles of blacktop as I can for the first VERY LONG TIME getting it out into as many places as I can so other folks can actually plant their eyes on it's beauty!

I would hope one could get a factory tour, but for many reasons, I do not ever expect to see that happen. :rolleyes:

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Living this close to Shreveport, the "crib of the Elio," I DEFINITELY am planning to pick my Elio up from the "nursery," and take the long way back home. I will cover as many miles of blacktop as I can for the first VERY LONG TIME getting it out into as many places as I can so other folks can actually plant their eyes on it's beauty!

I would hope one could get a factory tour, but for many reasons, I do not ever expect to see that happen. :rolleyes:
Other companies offer tours, John Deere's Gold Key program being one I'm familiar with, so it's not an impossible idea.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score

MM,
I 'Liked' your comment, except for your last line.

'I would hope one could get a factory tour, but for many reasons, I do not ever expect to see that happen' gave me a start, why do you think that, as they have stated a plant tour, is/will be offered?? Please explain your thoughts on that.

It would be the Best way to get the Elio out in the public eye. I don't think they can have 60 show rooms nor 7, or so distribution centers up and running before September, next year. You, I, and many others, that pick our Elios up at the factory, would be the Very Best advertising they could possibility get as we 'Take The Long Way Home'.

Picking our Elio up at the factory with a tour, with some 'Elio Ambassador' training would be a killer way to spread 'The Word'
Back to you.

Top Bottom