• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Slowest Vehicle

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A 72 Pinto with an automatic trans! A guy owed me money (that I knew I would never get), so he gave me the Pinto...I got the "short end of the stick." That Pinto was soooooo slow, I literally had to hit the gas 3 seconds before the light turned green, or the car behind me would lay on the horn!

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Mine was a 65 Renault Dauphine. Speedometer went up to 65 blew the engine at 58mph. Towed to Renault who had dealers in 1968. They said son I'm sorry to say you need a new engine. I said how much will that be?, they said sorry to say it will cost you $110.00 My responce was OH NO

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A guy I worked for years ago had a Subaru 360 "pickup truck". The 360 stood for 360cc, two cylinder two stroke; when you were sitting in this critter, your knees were farther forward (by a couple of inches) than the headlights. I got stopped on US Route 6 (I didn't dare take it on I-80) between Ottawa and Marseilles, Illinois with a load of scrap radial engine cylinders doing 62 mph, with my foot flat on the floor. I told the cop that I saw the 62 on the speedo, but didn't believe it. He said if he hadn't seen it on the radar, he wouldn't have believed it either! He was a good guy, and let it slide. :-)
SubieTruck.jpg

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A guy I worked for years ago had a Subaru 360 "pickup truck". The 360 stood for 360cc, two cylinder two stroke; when you were sitting in this critter, your knees were farther forward (by a couple of inches) than the headlights. I got stopped on US Route 6 (I didn't dare take it on I-80) between Ottawa and Marseilles, Illinois with a load of scrap radial engine cylinders doing 62 mph, with my foot flat on the floor. I told the cop that I saw the 62 on the speedo, but didn't believe it. He said if he hadn't seen it on the radar, he wouldn't have believed it either! He was a good guy, and let it slide. :-)
View attachment 6588
Those were so cool, and just a ball to play around with, I think that comes from being scared of hitting something head on; they also made a van.
I worked at a Subaru / Lotus dealer and we had one of the 360 pickups as a parts runner truck; I think we would fill the gas tank once a month.

Top Bottom