• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is their some indication that safety is a non-issue for Sonders in the development of his trike EV Concept? Perhaps he will set the standard?
Quite frankly, once the Solo is crash tested we may find that Electra Meccanica has set the standards of safety for enclosed three wheeler motorcycles. Defensive driving and a highly maneuverable vehicle and accident avoidance is key to motorcycle safety. The Elio will be as maneuverable as the average mid sized family sedan and how much safety can EM build into a $7300 vehicle? Perhaps autocycle owners should be required to have a MC endorsement.

The car buying public expects to see an acceptable measured safety rating on the window sticker or they will not buy the vehicle. It's going to be interesting to watch public acceptance of any of the anticipated enclosed three wheelers struggling to get to production. The anticipated 5 star safety may not make a difference since smaller is considered to be unsafe by the average driver and always will.

I question the five star safety rating of any small vehicle platform unless it has an engineered NASCAR roll cage like the Tango Commuter Car's.
I think that Wal-Mart parking lots will be filled with Elios owned by their employees and by their customers. People will respond positively to having access to an affordable vehicle that looks cool and is fun to drive. I think that the 3-wheeled format will prove itself acceptably well and become the future of commuter vehicles. Honda entered the U.S. auto market in 1969 with the N600. I don't know how many they sold, but it got 50 MPG at a time muscle cars were the norm. Apparently, they did OK: Honda's model line-up has certainly expanded. A friend of mine had an N600 and loved it. The point is that there is a market for an unusual and affordable vehicle that will get you to work or to the store inexpensively. Have you noticed the size of parking spaces, recently? They seem to be getting smaller. Three wheels is good.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Buzzy, I see that you've been here since 2014 but not active.
I would like to inform you that if you start posting too many times in a short time slot (6 posts in 30 minutes is coming close), the forum software see's it as Spam, will lock your account and delete your messages. I don't want to see that happen to any one, so try slowing down before you hit the "post reply" button please.

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what again are the prices $$$$$$ for the Solo, Sondor etc ... without EV credits since they are going away soon more than likely. And tell me what the battery pack $$$$ will cost after 5 years?
I couldn't believe it, but I saw a Honda Insight the other day. How long do battery packs last, if you take care of them?

Buzzy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Illuminati? Political and religious all rolled into one. So you know what comes next right?
So, Coss, I don't see any of my responses. Does that mean I've already been relegated to the SPAM file? If so, bummer-- l thought I was behaving well, responding positively and thoughtfully, finding new bliss in anticipation of my Elio-reception date.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So, Coss, I don't see any of my responses. Does that mean I've already been relegated to the SPAM file? If so, bummer-- l thought I was behaving well, responding positively and thoughtfully, finding new bliss in anticipation of my Elio-reception date.
Look in your profile under recent activity

It looks like they're all there
Buzzy.gif

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with content, it's # of posts in X amount of time.
The content is up to the Mods; and I didn't see anything wrong with them.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it, but I saw a Honda Insight the other day. How long do battery packs last, if you take care of them?
Typical warranty of 5 years...but the battery pack will cost almost 40%of the price of the Sondors I believe...or just keep the old battery pack at half the original range ;)

Top Bottom