• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm the guy that Googles how to change battery each time so I don't get get the positive and negative backwards...not a good idea!
Did you know that when EV started becoming popular, firefighters and EMT's had to do special training on them so they didn't get electrocuted?

That's your trivia fact for the day.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you noticed the size of parking spaces, recently? They seem to be getting smaller. Three wheels is good.

This is what fellow forummer Ty had to say about that:
Keep in mind the Elio ISN'T very narrow so road width won't benefit from having Elios around.
For quick comparison - Ford Fusion front wheel track is 62.7" while the Elio's front track is 66.8"

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The idea of a standard, interchangeable battery pack is a good concept. Not sure that any manufacturer would be willing to take that chance until something better than lithium batteries comes along.

The Israeli company Better Place tried that. It had even battery swapping stations in a couple of countries. After it had been hemorrhaging tens of millions for years, they literally pulled the plug. Every car maker is still pushing its own batteries. Heck, they cannot even agree on standardizing charging stations.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is good news and bad news. Having the wider wheels and the narrower body should prevent body dings. But wheel well dings and tripping while walking between cars WILL HAPPEN.
Hard to tell about wheel dings, I would expect some dings, but on the other hand you can see them in your line of sight, and that's not true for other vehicles.

Oh definitely, plenty of jokers will trip on them in parking lots.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it! And what...about 10 years to wait??? :D
Sondors raised his Million. If he follows through with completing the prototype by years end like he says, he's on his way to success with his $10K EV vision. I'll have a few thousand miles on my Solo by that time! :)

Sondors has Asian manufacturing connections that would allow him to ramp production rather quickly, much like EMV.......so possibly 3 years or less on his production start. Sondors is smart, organized, and knows how to pull the right people together to get things done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom