• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should know, by the end of the summer, the final form of the Sondors. It is good to know that it will have AC, Airbags, ABS and regeneration. These items are not on the Solo, and are a deal-breaker for some. I guess the Model 3 will have to suffice as new electric transportation.
Many would also like to have an Elio, but, after years of deadlines....

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should know, by the end of the summer, the final form of the Sondors. It is good to know that it will have AC, Airbags, ABS and regeneration. These items are not on the Solo, and are a deal-breaker for some. I guess the Model 3 will have to suffice as new electric transportation.
Just to clarify this so there's no confusion or misinformation about those features...
A/C is, and always has been, offered as an option for $1k on the Solo.
And, AGAIN, the Solo has always had mild regen.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By summers end we may see the first Model SONDORS prototype. Keep in mind, we don't know what the final specs will be until after the SONDOR'S Engineering Builds are tested and the final specs are locked in. Much change happens in the process of getting a vehicle to production. Storm will be doing well if he gets a validated vehicle to production status by 2025.

The Tesla Model 3 goes well beyond sufficing. :)

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While It could be possible to swap battery packs (as Tesla has shown), its a terrible idea to anyone who knows how batteries work/wear-down in the long term. Think about it, you could roll up to one of these battery swappers in your brand new XXX electric vehicle, and the battery you swap for comes from someone who previously drove through. While the battery shows "fully charged", the wear/tear on your swapped battery and total lifecycle of that battery pack could be years shorter compared to the one you had in your car.

Battery packs don't last forever, which I am discovering first hand on my recently purchased 2006 Civic Hybrid. Be getting the IMA warning light showing poor performance in the battery, and will be purchasing a kit to help fix the situation. There are ways to recondition them and help prolong there life (which I will be doing with mine shortly), but the batteries do fail eventually. I would never swap out my battery without knowing the condition of the other battery.
That would no more likely be the case than getting an expired propane bottle from Blue Rhino... part of the process of swapping your new propane bottle for "someone else's used bottle" is that they check to make sure it's not out of calibration. I hated the idea of swapping bottles and usually just have mine filled but when they get too old to fill myself... I would be surprised if Tesla didn't ensure the batteries were always top-notch.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would no more likely be the case than getting an expired propane bottle from Blue Rhino... part of the process of swapping your new propane bottle for "someone else's used bottle" is that they check to make sure it's not out of calibration. I hated the idea of swapping bottles and usually just have mine filled but when they get too old to fill myself... I would be surprised if Tesla didn't ensure the batteries were always top-notch.
...And simply retire or refurbish those that aren't.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the idea of a battery leasing option on a future EV purchase. if you don't own the battery the swap is a non-issue.

Top Bottom