• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They already have a charger that "plugs itself in". The company is called Plugless Power, it is an induction charging pad that you simply park over, and it automagically begins charging your car.

As far as forgetting to plug the car in at night... well let's just say you only forget to do that once. But once the habit was formed, plugging in the car as soon as I get home is automatic.
Tesla started offering a similar system last year.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drive your other vehicle or call Uber. It's wireless charging for you! :) Preferably no more stops at a gas station for me and more importantly I'm retired so worst case scenario is I would be late for a morning coffee meeting.
We don't have Uber or Lyft here. To much crime.
If I forget to plug in my car, can I stop by the gas station on my way to work and fill it up in 10 minutes and still make it to work on time? Rhetorical question... and a basis for a little concern. It'd be neat to have an electric that plugged itself in when you parked it. I know someone's working on it.
Forgetting to plug your electric in the night before is equivalent to an ICE failing to start in the morning.
Same problem as you mentioned. How are you going to get to work?

Ty, I've made it a point, and spent the money on extra liability insurance, to have a backup vehicle most of my life.
I started that habit when I was 20 years old and continue to enjoy the peace of mind it gives me today.

It's even enabled me to save a lot of money by usually getting a cut-rate deal on maintenance.
My mechanics have charged me less for my being able to leave a vehicle with them for a week as a lesser priority.

I agree with those who express the opinion that today's EVs should be one of at least two vehicles in the household.
The EV may well be used as your primary day-to-day transport, but it's still better to have it as an "and" vehicle.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I just don't see Tesla coming out and saying that they will be providing basically lifetime warranties on the battery packs, since you would be just swapping them out forever.
As some have already suggested, it might end up being a yearly fee for maintaining your EV's power source.
Stranger things can and will happen. Hell, Elio might even go to production :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is how R&D of the Elio should have progressed; not make shift full scale prototype builds that were never track test worthy. IMO
The 1:4 Scale Model Sondors is complete:
IMG_7349.PNG

The Model Sondors will not meet my personal needs, but it is one sweet looking concept for Storm's market demographic.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have also opened up a smaller second round of funding, more than halfway through: https://www.startengine.com/startup/sondors-electric-car-2

I missed out on the first round by waiting too long but got in this time. I am not in love with the single rear drive wheel or using a hub motor (more unsprung weight), but it is the cheaper route so I am not doubting they are keeping an eye on the cost.

Not sure if it would be a car I would want to drive, but I could see it selling well.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Researched in wheel motors and the downside is that unsprung weight can negatively impact performance and handling. Also, if the in-wheel motor tech has serious advantage why isn't Tesla Motors using it? Peraves engineer's decided against hub motors when developing the e-Tracer because of the unsprung weight factor.

I can't find a production vehicle that is using Protean Electric motors, only a couple of protean test vehicles. Also, the high tech protean in-wheel motors doesn't appear to fit an electric vehicle with a tartget price of under $10K. Raises a personal red flag in the Model SONDOR's early R&D stages until I see testing results of protean motors in a real production car.

If anybody has a link to a vehicle manufacturer using protean in-hub motors please post.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The new update email from good ol' Storm...
The names haves been removed to protect the guilty.
______________________________________________https://mandrillapp.com/track/click...jA3N2Q5ZmQ0ZmU5NzVmODdiMWE5NDJiOTE5OFwiXX0ifQ
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click...jA3N2Q5ZmQ0ZmU5NzVmODdiMWE5NDJiOTE5OFwiXX0ifQ
New update from SONDORS Electric Car

We're letting you know that SONDORS Electric Car has published an update.
Below is a message from the team about some changes they have made to their campaign:

Another "Limited-Time" Opportunity to Invest

Dear SONDORS Supporter,

I am writing this update to inform you that there's yet another opportunity to invest in SONDORS Electric Car Company.

Recently, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) amended the Title III Regulation Crowdfunding rules to increase the maximum amount a company can raise. The new rules now allow a company to raise a total of $1.07M, a $70,000 increase from the prior maximum amount limit of $1M.

In response, we’ve reached out each of you that were either canceled or voided as a result of the over-subscription of our first campaign. And after less than 48 hours, we're just $15,000 shy of our $70,000 limit.

There's still time to become a shareholder in SONDORS Electric Car Company, if you act fast.

To invest, just click this link and follow the simple investment instructions. We’re excited about this new rule, and to offer you another chance to become a shareholder in our company.

If you've already invested, thank you. Together, we are changing the future of transportation.

Sincerely,
Storm Sondors

Top Bottom