• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This might be a suitable contender for the ATVM loan, it is just remotely possible that anything 'internal combustion' was a non starter anyhow, unless some revolutionary new vehicle that somehow eclipsed parking and traffic issues. Our Elio, at the end of the day, still a tight two seater, at possibly 65 to 85 mpg still needs an entire conventional parking space, and if successful, may even make traffic worse by being relatively so affordable.
I doubt Sondor's will consider or need low interest government loan support with the current private venture capital interest. Based on Sondor's momentum and progress on the prototype build over less than a year and $1M, I'm even considering investing as a no risk investor mentality. :)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt Sondor's will consider or need low interest government loan support with the current private venture capital interest. Based on Sondor's momentum and progress on the prototype build over less than a year and $1M, I'm even considering investing as a no risk investor mentality. :)
Come on aboard, I did:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On this enlarged photo, it looks the guy in the background is moving a Sondor's Body panel:

IMG_7483.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are hand building/fabricating a prototype that hopefully is precision built, starts, and drives around a test track. The SONDOR's E builds and production vehicles will follow with determined changes and final specs based on testing. Seems like the logical prototyping process to me and all with a Million dollar budget. Way to early to be critical of the design, engineering, and early on fabrication process. IMO

I understand they currently are in a $20Million dollar tooling up for production funding mode. Looks like a production schedule on target that is likely to be filled with production milestones.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, yesterday saw and briefly spoke with a well-heeled tourist family on a bike trail all riding new Sonders ebikes. They owned 'em (not rented out here, yet) and probably had to plan their vacation around longish lead times for ordering them. Broken English, but they they really like their bikes, had great experiences and they ran well. The build quality IMHO was a little cheesy Chinese, BUT considering everything (price/quality/performance/new product/etc.) they are 'the real deal.' I have a bit of experience early testing other ebikes for an outfit that tried to sell and rent them here in DC. The main player was Tidal Force, they were great at the time, but all in all, these Sonders are far better (Edit: Tidal Force /Wavecrest build quality was 'second to none' but very expensive) definitely priced right.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was asked to stop posting progress reports on similar vehicles like the SONDORS. I will honor that request.

I was not actively trying to sell any of these alternate three wheeler vehicles and/or EVs by noting progress of other three wheeler concept options under development. I would rather be posting tangible progress reports on the Elio, my favorite three wheeler concept after nearly a decade of following it's progress. I continue to have interest in the Elio's success. "Go Three Wheels", Paul Elio.

My apology.
Rick

Top Bottom