• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with it. It's not even the least bit suitable for my needs. Last I heard it was still going to require a motorcycle endorsement in many states, severely limiting it's appeal. Maybe that won't matter, but maybe it will. I wish them the best, it's just not for me.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Storm Sondors didn'

I think the SRK will make it because of the design and engineering changes they made. IMO Looks to be the most FUNctional and flexible urban commuter/deliverator of the bunch. The SRK has nothing but rave media and reservationist test drive reviews.
I can't wait to test drive the Sondors, it really looks like a fun car to drive! I might add that I would love to test drive all the elect. three wheelers, also the Elio! When Sondors is ready I will drive 9 hours to LA. to test it if I have to. Should be a fun trip.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait to test drive the Sondors, it really looks like a fun car to drive! I might add that I would love to test drive all the elect. three wheelers, also the Elio! When Sondors is ready I will drive 9 hours to LA. to test it if I have to. Should be a fun trip.
i was told the Sondors with be revealed at an event in LA sometime in October. The side by side configuration is much more appealing than the front to back.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i was told the Sondors with be revealed at an event in LA sometime in October. The side by side configuration is much more appealing than the front to back.

I guess that depends on what you'd be using your Elio for. Mine would be strictly for transportation to and from work [84 miles]. IF anyone actually sits in the back seat of mine it would just be for the novelty of riding in a unique looking three-wheeler. Personally, I like the front to back configuration. Hey, I build fighter jets for a living, so the tandem seating just seems right to me! :rolleyes:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess that depends on what you'd be using your Elio for. Mine would be strictly for transportation to and from work [84 miles]. IF anyone actually sits in the back seat of mine it would just be for the novelty of riding in a unique looking three-wheeler. Personally, I like the front to back configuration. Hey, I build fighter jets for a living, so the tandem seating just seems right to me! :rolleyes:
If you get inside information on when and where I might see and drive one, then please let me know! Thanks. This message is for anyone with information!

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think that Sondors changed the prototype completion date to Nov. 2017 and the test drive tour date to Jan. 2018. correct me if I am wrong. I get confused after reading about all the different start ups! :p

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think that Sondors changed the prototype completion date to Nov. 2017 and the test drive tour date to Jan. 2018. correct me if I am wrong. I get confused after reading about all the different start ups! :p
Prototype has been completed, with a reveal sometime in October. Tour details should be made available then.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sondors reveal at the LA auto show in December. Interesting to hear of the operation of the Protean rear hub drive and a more detailed view of the interior.

http://www.proteanelectric.com/
My concern was unsprung weight, but this article indicates that engineering can overcome that issue. The other big question is traction control on ice/snow with the SONDOR's single rear wheel drive motor. It will be fun to see it screaming around the test track and see some documented performance data. Side by side seating vehicle width makes the SONDERs autocycle more auto than motorcycle, whereas the tandem seating of the Elio autocycle more motorcycle than auto, likely making the Elio more fun to drive.

http://www.plugincars.com/pros-and-cons-wheel-motors-127174.html

Top Bottom