• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look, the more I like ELIO's design.
The Solo and the Sondors have a wedgie look.
I am starting to think the tadpole configuration was really meant to have an outrigger front end, and front drive.
The Morgan and Elio are the correct design. IMO.
IMO means, this is based on what I see, not facts or data.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look, the more I like ELIO's design.
The Solo and the Sondors have a wedgie look.
I am starting to think the tadpole configuration was really meant to have an outrigger front end, and front drive.
The Morgan and Elio are the correct design. IMO.
IMO means, this is based on what I see, not facts or data.
I like the narrow enclosed front end SOLO wedgie look. The side by side Sondors seating is too wide a wedgie to my eye. The more I look at the Arcimoto FUV the more I like IT because of the outrigger front end, dual motor front wheel drive, and it's proven performance and ninja like sports car handling. :)

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My money is on that just being the suspension has not been tuned yet and is way too soft. This is just the first prototype. Contrary to what the fanboys on FB say about it, it is not production ready. I think even Sondors is projecting a 2020 release, so they know they have a way to go.
Release date is April 2019! Signatures Feb. 2019.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think even Sondors is projecting a 2020 release, so they know they have a way to go.
Unless something has changed in the last month, early to mid 2019 is the targeted production date.
The engineering prototype will be started in Feb. 2018 and is projected to be complete July 2018. Testing, modification and tooling from there till production. Production is being bid out. It will most likely be Chinese made, if not Chinese Assembled as well.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless something has changed in the last month, early to mid 2019 is the targeted production date.
The engineering prototype will be started in Feb. 2018 and is projected to be complete July 2018. Testing, modification and tooling from there till production. Production is being bid out. It will most likely be Chinese made, if not Chinese Assembled as well.
Video is a bummer... Sondors is seriously depressing, twitchy & foreign in the wrong way to me. Why aren't aerodynamics & stability the priority?! That's why we want our Elios!!!

Last edited:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My bad, you guys are right I was off a year. Still a better plan than the numbnuts on Facebook clamoring for them to start making them now based off the prototype. Uh, no thanks!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who says they're not?
It's obvious the SONDORs team of engineers and designers considered aero dynamics and stability in the CAD Design and prototype build process. It only needs to be validated on the test track with any required improvements made on the pre-production vehicles. That test vehicle will reveal in 2018.

Top Bottom