1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Sondors Electric Car

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by TMOSteel, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

In order to sell a SONDORs to order delivered to the customers door or to sell a gazillion Elio's at Elio Stores they both have to have a Team and a Team Leader with the ability to build ONE validated prototype.

wizard of ahs and RUCRAYZE like this.
  2. Frim

Frim Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Zenith Corp (TVs) once described their hands-on production model as much superior to machine productions that made a mistake, mistake, mistake, mistake, mistake-----
    Getting a complete production model requires real attention to every detail. It can't be a one step process. IMHO I supervised the construction of 25 "Back to the Future rides for Disney/Tokyo. By the time we had finished the 6th car, we almost had the production model complete.:D

Maurtis and Coss like this.
  3. Doug McDow

Doug McDow Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Sil 21508, all in $100., plus stockholder
    DEA9616C-9C6F-4E8A-A39D-3AE54E6EC2CD.jpeg
    To this day Sondors has spent very little on advertising. He also told me on Sat. that he hopes to build the first 1000 Model Sondors in Italy. I like the man and hope that he pulls it off. A pic. That I took on Sat.

wizard of ahs, Maurtis, Rickb and 2 others like this.
  4. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Doug, does the SONDORs build look as quality fit and finished in person as in the photos?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Yeah, that is key. Plans are all pointless if you can't execute.

Well, no, it hasn't. We all knew that it wouldn't. EM never said that the $16M from the Reg A+ would get them all the way to production. It was supposed to get us to a validated prototype, ready for production. Personally, I'm very disappointed that that didn't happen. That was a crapload of money. Yes, they apparently did a lot of design changes with it, and that's all well and good. Hopefully it leads to a better vehicle in the end. But that's not what we were told the money was going to be used for, and that's unfortunate.

Like I said, different roads, different requirements. My personal opinion is that if EM can pull it off, they will be a much better position, and much quicker, than any of the other three-wheeler startups. While the others are struggling to turn small scale 5k a year production something bigger, even assuming that there is demand for their products (as I've said, I have my doubts about the SRK's broader appeal), EM's much stronger manufacturing base should push them to the front of the pack.

Assuming, of course, that they can actually pull it off.

ehwatt and Elio Amazed like this.
  6. Doug McDow

Doug McDow Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Sil 21508, all in $100., plus stockholder
    Yes it does, I might add that once the Sondors takes off he wants to build front wheel drives for all You snowy weather guys! With both wheels pulling you through that snow! :p

wizard of ahs, Rickb and Elio Amazed like this.
  7. acentre

acentre Elio Addict

Us snowy guys have no trouble with just the rear wheels pushing in the snow, as would most drivers with the properly equipped and driven vehicles.

8. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, but FWD is better, IF you know how to drive (I grew up and learned to drive in the Chicago area, and winters were a bitch, dead batteries, stuck in driveways after the plow came by, etc.)

Rickb and Elio Amazed like this.
  9. voyager

voyager Elio Addict

10. raptor213

raptor213 Elio Addict

Reservation #:

Shout-out to Elio...

Rickb likes this.