• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you watch the video, it's not ready for production even though it looks like it does in videos. Just like the Elio. Marketing can easily fool you into a prototype being production ready. For Elio, the only thing everyone here has done is sit in one and watched videos of it drive in parking lots and at slow speeds on the street. Even though Sondors seems like it's production ready, it' not either. you will have to wait and see what happens to Sondors in the next few years. At least everyone will be driving around in their Elio before the Sondors makes it to full production. maybe the Sondors will be the 2nd play toy for some.
Sondors specifically said that this particular vehicle was not the production-ready vehicle.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is really gonna be fun for me personally because both the ARCIMOTO and the SOLO will be entering production next year- sharing almost the same specs: 0-60 mph in sub 8 sec, good for 80+ mph speed, at least a 100 mile range and both have no A/C! The Arcimoto coming in a little cheaper and made in US of A, the latter at $15,500 and made in Canada, it will have the added import tax, registrations, etc. so I'm thinking when everything is added up, it will be competing on some economy ICE cars or slightly used sedans out there so it's something worth noting. If for some reason they both can't deliver as promised next year, then the ELIO will hopefully be in the mix competing for a share of the market in 2019! How cool is that!:D

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is really gonna be fun for me personally because both the ARCIMOTO and the SOLO will be entering production next year- both have almost the same specs: 0-60 mph in sub 8 sec, good for 80+ mph speed, at least a 100 mile range and both have no A/C! The Arcimoto coming a little cheaper and made in US of A, the other a few thousands more and have to be delivered from Canada which will have the added import tax. If for some reason they both can't deliver as promised next year, then the ELIO will hopefully be in the mix competing for a share of the market in 2019! How cool is that!:D
Very Cool! I like the concept of made in the USA.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very Cool! I like the concept of made in the USA.
My only concern at this point is if these awesome 3wheelers can stick to their suggested price when it's ready for sale? Being working class but recently retired ain't easy- I've got to evaluate which one will bring the most "fun" for the money. The ARCIMOTO seats 2, made in the USA, no import tax so distribution and or pick up won't be a problem and at $11,900 for an EV, it moved up first place in my "to buy" list. SOLO's price is hefty after all taxes are figured in ($15,500 + import tax, tax and registrations, etc.) will be competing on these 10 best used cars in the market under 15K (source- internet/Google) namely 2011 Nissan Maxima, 2014 Hyundai Sonata, 2012 Honda Odyssey, 2014 Chevy Impala, 2011 Toyota Rav4, 2011 Toyota Sienna, 2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Toyota Accord, 2014 Toyota Camry....... and everyone's sentimental favorite the ELIO of course, brand new at 7K due in 2019! Also will SONDOR be a contender too next year?????

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My only concern at this point is if these awesome 3wheelers can stick to their suggested price when it's ready for sale? Being working class but recently retired ain't easy- I've got to evaluate which one will bring the most "fun" for the money. The ARCIMOTO seats 2, made in the USA, no import tax so distribution and or pick up won't be a problem and at $11,900 for an EV, it moved up first place in my "to buy" list. SOLO's price when all is added up ($15,500 + import tax, tax and registrations, etc.) will be competing on these 10 best used cars in the market under 15K (source- internet/Google) namely 2011 Nissan Maxima, 2014 Hyundai Sonata, 2012 Honda Odyssey, 2014 Chevy Impala, 2011 Toyota Rav4, 2011 Toyota Sienna, 2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Toyota Accord, 2014 Toyota Camry....... and everyone's sentimental favorite the ELIO of course, brand new at 7K due in 2019! Also will SONDOR be a contender too next year?????
Sondors will build their 2nd prototype for performance and handling testing in 2018. It seems tweaking and pre-production vehicle builds would follow, parts sourcing, and tooling for production ramp, whether in the USA or China by 2019 seems unlikely for any new startup to get a vehicle to production in that short time frame to include SONDORs. Time will tell.

I will have put several thousand smiles on my FUV by that time. :)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sondors will build their 2nd prototype for performance and handling testing in 2018. It seems tweaking and pre-production vehicle builds would follow, parts sourcing, and tooling for production ramp, whether in the USA or China by 2019 seems unlikely for any new startup to get a vehicle to production in that short time frame to include SONDORs. Time will tell.

I will have put several thousand smiles on my FUV by that time. :)
The 130 mile version should suit me well so I'm definitely getting that. ARCIMOTO's simple design should be much easier to mass produce plus from what I see they'll automate the frame welding construction for uniformity and speed. I do believe they're on target for Q1 2018 deliveries!

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 130 mile version should suit me well so I'm definitely getting that. ARCIMOTO's simple design should be much easier to mass produce plus from what I see they'll automate the frame welding construction for uniformity and speed. I do believe they're on target for Q1 2018 deliveries!
They should have all present reservations by the end of 2018! We hope! # 702 is the most important to be built! :p

Top Bottom