• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I told Meccanica that I would not buy the Solo without Air! With that, they cancelled my reservation!
Seriously? Another reservationist bites the dust! Jerry says, "The SOLO don't need no stinkin AC in AZ! It's like putting AC in a motorcycle!"

Sad? Be glad to find out about the EMV CEO's lack of PR and customer service skills before purchasing a SOLO or investing in the company. Interesting vehicles, odd business model.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I canceled my Solo res too.....no A/C is a deal breaker for me.
I didn't need AC. I canceled my SOLO #166 reservation awhile back..........the CEO's argumentative and odd attitude towards customers was a deal breaker for me. I was considering a Tofino reservation as well.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't need AC. I canceled my SOLO #166 reservation awhile back..........the CEO's argumentative and odd attitude towards customers was a deal breaker for me. I was considering a Tofino reservation as well.
It's really too bad he let his emotions run wild. I just visited EMV's website and it now have the "customize your SOLO" that offers the A/C for $1000.00! It's not clear to me if he had a change of heart and made it available but it's clear he finally listened to the importance of this option.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's really too bad he let his emotions run wild. I just visited EMV's website and it now have the "customize your SOLO" that offers the A/C for $1000.00! It's not clear to me if he had a change of heart and made it available but it's clear he finally listened to the importance of this option.
Nope. That's not the case. It's always been there.
A/C has been listed as the same $1k option since almost day one of reservations.
Which was more than a year and a half ago.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Always an available option as indicated with my lock in SOLO delivery date:
IMG_0174.jpg

The reservationist Jerry called a late adopter reserved before I did. Good to go?

Not emotions, character.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope. That's not the case. It's always been there.
A/C has been listed as the same $1k option since almost day one of reservations.
Which was more than a year and a half ago.
whhhhaaat?? I've been to their websites before but I guess I just wanted to see the SOLO videos and never checked out the "customize your SOLO" feature. So why in the world won't he update or remove that A/C option because it's now misleading!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Always an available option as indicated with my lock in SOLO delivery date:
View attachment 22328
The reservationist Jerry called a late adopter reserved before I did. Good to go?

Not emotions, character.
I don't know what his problem is, if the reservation holder is willing to pay for that option then why not offer it?? I guess he's the only one who can answer that!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what his problem is, if the reservation holder is willing to pay for that option then why not offer it?? I guess he's the only one who can answer that!
Ask him.

He'll be live doing the monthly CEO live update tonight on the Electra Meccanica FB page.
@ 9:00 Eastern and 6:00 Pacific Jan 3, '18. We also run the live video feed over on the dark side.
But we don't have any way to fire questions live like you can via the FB comments during the broadcast.

He has said that they're working toward developing the A/C, but it sounds like it could take quite some time.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go ahead and ask Jerry that question, "What's your problem?, but be prepared to either win the EMV T-Shirt for question of the night or have your SOLO Reservation magically disappear.

Note: If you ask the question and he cancels your reservation, I could send you my Collector Question of the Night Signature Series EMV T shirt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom