• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Rick has the exact figure somewhere, but I believe it was somewhere around $46,000 USD.
Whaaaat??? Did he pay that much because he got the #1 production FUV? Well he sure got the "spaceship"price! :D But I'm not that surprise for him calling it his spaceship because he's an actor that can exaggerate. I'm sure with his status he could easily talk Elon Musk into squeezing one unit of the Tesla 3 for him earlier than other reservation holders! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whaaaat??? Did he pay that much because he got the #1 production FUV? Well he sure got the "spaceship"price! :D But I'm not that surprise for him calling it his spaceship because he's an actor that can exaggerate. I'm sure with his status he could easily talk Elon Musk into squeezing one unit of the Tesla 3 for him earlier than other reservation holders! :D
There were 6 individuals that signed up for the $43K early adopter S Series FUVs. A recall a SRKForum member Signature Series reservationist saying it was slightly less, but between $40-43K. He said it's only money and he is eagerly waiting on delivery of #5 or #6 as I recall.

Note: I noticed in the FUV delivery video that Fillion had a Tesla Model X in his garage. :)

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There were 6 individuals that signed up for the $43K early adopter S Series FUVs. A recall a SRKForum member Signature Series reservationist saying it was slightly less, but between $40-43K. He said it's only money and he is eagerly waiting on delivery of #5 or #6 as I recall.

Note: I noticed in the FUV delivery video that Fillion had a Tesla Model X in his garage. :)
For the well off like him, it's the fun factor.....here's hoping that the bargain basement ($11,500.) price version is as much fun RickB! :D

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will likely reserve, but only after I see a pre-production prototype screaming around the test track. The article stated anticipated delivery to be about 3 years out. I'm guessing longer.
The article says... "While Elio’s gasoline-powered project started back in 2009, Sondors plans to deliver his electric trike in just three years."

It doesn't say the Sondor's anticipated delivery is about 3 years out. Neither does Storm.
What it does say is that EM has been at it since '09 and that Sondors may do it in a TOTAL of three years.
Storm has been at it (counting design and planning) 1.5+ years. My math says the article's statement aligns with Storm's estimate.

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The article says... "While Elio’s gasoline-powered project started back in 2009, Sondors plans to deliver his electric trike in just three years."

It doesn't say the Sondor's anticipated delivery is about 3 years out. Neither does Storm.
What it does say is that EM has been at it since '09 and that Sondors may do it in a TOTAL of three years.
Storm has been at it (counting design and planning) 1.5+ years. My math says the article's statement aligns with Storm's estimate.
I will drive my FUV while waiting for my Sondors, while waiting for my Elio!:p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm still guessing longer. :) Doug has the ultimate plan!

Top Bottom