• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Video is a bummer... Sondors is seriously depressing, twitchy & foreign in the wrong way to me. Why aren't aerodynamics & stability the priority?! That's why we want our Elios!!!
Nothing depressing about the Sondors prototype and marketing video after only a year in development. Storm is actually driving his prototype, Jerry Kroll is driving his pre-production SOLO, and Mark Frohnmyer is driving his Signature Series FUV. Also, I can actually test drive 2 of those three vehicles. I'm impressed, not depressed. :)

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing depressing about the Sondors prototype and marketing video after only a year in development. Storm is actually driving his prototype, Jerry Kroll is driving his pre-production SOLO, and Mark Frohnmyer is driving his Signature Series FUV. Also, I can actually test drive 2 of those three vehicles. I'm impressed, not depressed. :)
Me too!

Morris Pearson

Reaction score
Delivered to my door; How? Unassembled? In a crate? Think about it no car carrier was designed to deliver three wheels, and common carriers are not going to show up with a fork lift. Are they? Delivery charge from China for a car? - over the top, buy local (usa)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Morris Pearson! I anticipate my made in Eugene, Oregon Arcimoto FUV will be white glove delivered to my garage door ready to ride. Perhaps the autonomous driving hardware equipped FUV will deliver itself to customer doors in the near future. :)

Also, I don't mind that my Solo #166 will be made in China so long as it gets delivered.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best to have a three-wheeler bank (lean towards the inside) if it changes direction, to counter the centrifugal forces. Makes engineering and production more costly, I know. But better be safe than have the backend sidesweep during cornering.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look, the more I like ELIO's design.
The Solo and the Sondors have a wedgie look.
I am starting to think the tadpole configuration was really meant to have an outrigger front end, and front drive.
The Morgan and Elio are the correct design. IMO.
IMO means, this is based on what I see, not facts or data.
Seems I'm jumping in the middle of a wheel configuration discussion. Just my two cents; A 3 or 2 wheel configuration is always a compromise on the stability of braking, accelerating and evasive maneuverability. The 2 wheeler is practically guaranteeing an accident. It's just a matter of time. The 3 wheeler on the other hand is well within safety perimeters for a safe ride but only with the 2 up front wheels configuration.
Both the weight of the Elio and the wide stance of the 2 up front outriggers affords both superior braking and evasive maneuvering on a par with any 4 wheeler. Including all the other designed safety features built in, the Elio just makes sense that it hits a true design sweet spot no other vehicle has achieved if it ever gets into production, that is.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
let's see your testing results on stability and aerodynamics between Elio and Sondors.
Let's see an actual prototype or pre-production SONDORs and ELIO that can be performance and handling tested with track testing data to back it up. Also, as or more importantly reservationist test drive reviews. Aerodynamics is easily tested with computer modeling. The only tested three wheelers from new startups are Arcimoto's FUV and EMV's SOLO.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's obvious the SONDORs team of engineers and designers considered aero dynamics and stability in the CAD Design and prototype build process. It only needs to be validated on the test track with any required improvements made on the pre-production vehicles. That test vehicle will reveal in 2018.
we have to let the Sondors develop,as we did with the Elio. The only difference is that the Sondors is being developed more rapidly, with variable production techniques. I still have not heard any real production news from Elio, much less a statement about our $1000 deposits.
Looking forward to my Sondors.

Top Bottom