• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just tried the configurator. The only items with stars were the standard paint colors. I wonder if the cookies placed on your computer by the Configurator dictate the version you see? Any ideas on that?

It might just be an early test of the voting system.

I went ahead and graded 12 colors and each of the stereo components. Not sure if anyone sees my choice.

Reactions: Ekh

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... Come on, we can't get people to understand when and how to use turn signals. Don't expect them to be able to read a pressure gauge.

Well, about 1/3 of the time I need to air up a tire I usually end up at a pump with a busted gauge, so the car honking and flashing lights at the right levels could be handy in those situations.

But personally, I'd rather forgo the expense of replacing those TPMS sensors whenever the tires are changed.

Reactions: Ekh

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, about 1/3 of the time I need to air up a tire I usually end up at a pump with a busted gauge, so the car honking and flashing lights at the right levels could be handy in those situations.

But personally, I'd rather forgo the expense of replacing those TPMS sensors whenever the tires are changed.

I just bought my own gauge, makes life much easier.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just bought my own gauge, makes life much easier.
Yeah, me too. But aside from knowing the current pressure, you also need to know the correct pressure for your car.

Most of us on this forum obviously care enough about cars that we know what is common tire pressure (and how to check the door plate for the specific pressure if need be). However, there are lots of folks out there to whom a car is a magical box that you put gas in. For those folks, the TPMS sensor and fill-assist are very handy and can prevent over-inflation.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hand or foot pump. $12. Comes with gauge. Doesn't need electricity or coins.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has said that a "see through" roof panel might be an option in the future.
A sunroof (as I laid out before in a different thread) is just about useless in the Elio because of the size; it would be about the same as a sheet of paper (8x11)
I'd love to see them get creative and come up with a roof panel which can be dialed up or down to vary the degree of transparency. Clear when you want it to be and opaque when you want it to be and anything in between.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would be surprised how many people DO NOT read their owners manual when they buy a new car.
ALL the needed information is located there.
Information overload is why most people use it as a reference guide only. Who wants to read about 250 options that are not a part of YOUR vehicle just so the company can use a single manual in ten languages for ten vehicles.

Top Bottom