• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about this. Make an adapter with a regulator and hose [think A/C recharge tank like you get at Autozone] that attaches to a 90 gram paintball CO2 cartridge. You get a pair of them at Wally-World for like $20. They're compact, sealed [safe], and contain more than enough CO2 to inflate/reinflate your tire, possibly two...okay, I haven't done the math [yet], but you can get 300 shots out of one cartridge. There's already a smaller version for bikes that uses the small pellet gun CO2 cartridges.
I carried one of these........back in the day :

Motorcycle CO2 Inflator

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The TPMS option is going to be almost mandatory because of the large shrouds over the wheels. You're going to spend a good deal of time rolling your Elio back and forth to expose the valve stems on each wheel. While pressure sensors in the wheel can be very accurate, EM or an aftermarket company might look into the now ancient technology that preceded it . . . it was really simple, surprisingly accurate, and inexpensive (well, for the manufacturer).

My first Lexus used the existing anti-lock brake sensors to count tire rotations. The body computer registered these rotations, compared them from one wheel to the rest, and warned you if one wheel was turning slightly faster than the others - indicating the diameter of the tire had decreased. You had a reset button under the dash to zero the system after each tire check/fill so that the system could remain accurate when you changed pressure in your tires.

All it required was an addition to the computer to capture the data and compare it to the setpoint every few seconds . . . and a warning light. All the hardware was already in place for the anti-locks. Early models would tell you you had a tire low or going down, but not which tire. Before that could be addressed, the manufacturer went to what is now a conventional TPMS system. Made either standard or optional across the entire Toyota/Lexus line, it was cheaper.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The TPMS option is going to be almost mandatory because of the large shrouds over the wheels. You're going to spend a good deal of time rolling your Elio back and forth to expose the valve stems on each wheel. While pressure sensors in the wheel can be very accurate, EM or an aftermarket company might look into the now ancient technology that preceded it . . . it was really simple, surprisingly accurate, and inexpensive (well, for the manufacturer).

My first Lexus used the existing anti-lock brake sensors to count tire rotations. The body computer registered these rotations, compared them from one wheel to the rest, and warned you if one wheel was turning slightly faster than the others - indicating the diameter of the tire had decreased. You had a reset button under the dash to zero the system after each tire check/fill so that the system could remain accurate when you changed pressure in your tires.

All it required was an addition to the computer to capture the data and compare it to the setpoint every few seconds . . . and a warning light. All the hardware was already in place for the anti-locks. Early models would tell you you had a tire low or going down, but not which tire. Before that could be addressed, the manufacturer went to what is now a conventional TPMS system. Made either standard or optional across the entire Toyota/Lexus line, it was cheaper.
This is also how "stability control" works.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True that! Plus the stability control is able to intervene and DO something about the situation. Rather like the "security monitor/security guard commercial that LifeLock is currently running. " Oh, I'm not a security guard, I'm a security monitor. I only notify people when there's a robbery . . . There's a robbery." :doh:

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You will have the same problem when your sensors tell you one of your tires is low. The front tires are going to be the problem the rear has a door you can open which will give you complete access. The front fenders are supposedly very easy to remove and if they really are that big of a pain I am sure someone will come up with replacement fenders that also have access doors.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will have the same problem when your sensors tell you one of your tires is low. The front tires are going to be the problem the rear has a door you can open which will give you complete access. The front fenders are supposedly very easy to remove and if they really are that big of a pain I am sure someone will come up with replacement fenders that also have access doors.
They are held on by a couple of allen stocks. If you have some kind of indicator light on the fender, there would be an electrical connection to unplug. It really shouldn't be that difficult to manage. I check my tires every 3 or 4 months and they are hardly ever low. I'm hoping the Elio is the same.

J. Dub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I still don't see a glass roof or sunroof option. That has me worried. I put a deposit on this vehicle under the notion it would have a sunroof or glass roof.

J. Dub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
For the $84, I'm going with the sensors.................

Old and crotchety fogey.gif
I just wonder if the TPMS will tell you WHICH tire is low. My BMW just says a tire is low. And makes me figure out which one it is. I've since removed my TPMS system on my BMW cause the batteries are die-ing in the wheels/tires and I don't want to replace them.

Top Bottom