• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Information overload is why most people use it as a reference guide only. Who wants to read about 250 options that are not a part of YOUR vehicle just so the company can use a single manual in ten languages for ten vehicles.
That is why im so glad Elio is going with a PDF version. Print what I need and save the rest on my phone.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see them get creative and come up with a roof panel which can be dialed up or down to vary the degree of transparency. Clear when you want it to be and opaque when you want it to be and anything in between.
Technology for this exists -- but OMG how expensive!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hand or foot pump. $12. Comes with gauge. Doesn't need electricity or coins.

For about the same price you can buy a small DC powered air compressor with a gauge on it to keep in the trunk. The little ones are slow but work in situations when you are away from a large compressor and find yourself a few pounds low. I bought a small Slime branded one for around $12 from Walmart, but would not recommend it since it seems fragile and gets REALLY hot. I have an older but larger cheap one I keep in my wife's car that seems a lot sturdier.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For about the same price you can buy a small DC powered air compressor with a gauge on it to keep in the trunk. The little ones are slow but work in situations when you are away from a large compressor and find yourself a few pounds low. I bought a small Slime branded one for around $12 from Walmart, but would not recommend it since it seems fragile and gets REALLY hot. I have an older but larger cheap one I keep in my wife's car that seems a lot sturdier.
Slime tire repair kit
Works fine, lasts long time :p

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

How about this. Make an adapter with a regulator and hose [think A/C recharge tank like you get at Autozone] that attaches to a 90 gram paintball CO2 cartridge. You get a pair of them at Wally-World for like $20. They're compact, sealed [safe], and contain more than enough CO2 to inflate/reinflate your tire, possibly two...okay, I haven't done the math [yet], but you can get 300 shots out of one cartridge. There's already a smaller version for bikes that uses the small pellet gun CO2 cartridges.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about this. Make an adapter with a regulator and hose [think A/C recharge tank like you get at Autozone] that attaches to a 90 gram paintball CO2 cartridge. You get a pair of them at Wally-World for like $20. They're compact, sealed [safe], and contain more than enough CO2 to inflate/reinflate your tire, possibly two...okay, I haven't done the math [yet], but you can get 300 shots out of one cartridge. There's already a smaller version for bikes that uses the small pellet gun CO2 cartridges.

Yup, I used to carry one in my backpack with a few extra cartridges when canyon riding with my club back in SoCal. The regulars were good about maintenance, but every few weekends someone new would show up to ride with us with visibly low tire pressure.

Neat idea to use a larger CO2 tank, but with a 12V power source readily available (the Elio), sticking with a small compressor you can inflate all the tires you want and not worry about running out of air. The compact units can fit in the glove compartment or under the driver's seat if necessary.

BTW, my last three cars that came with slime-style repair kits also came with compressors. Having just the slime to stop a leak without a way to inflate the tire does not help much, LOL. I figure the Elio probably will as well.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see them get creative and come up with a roof panel which can be dialed up or down to vary the degree of transparency. Clear when you want it to be and opaque when you want it to be and anything in between.

Generally speaking, this is called Smart Glass, and it is becoming more popular for lots of good reasons. More popular = less expensive, so I'm looking forward to a Smart Glass Elio Roof in the near future :D

Top Bottom