• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't read 122 pages, so I'll ask again I'm sure, they are charging an unknown (at this time) installation fee for the options we order, I wonder if we could order 'on the side' and do install ourselves? I am guessing this isn't answerable exactly, just wondering aloud.
"Some" options will have an additional installation fee, but they don't tell us which ones. But yes, I believe they have even said that you will be able to order just the optional parts and install them yourselves, or else get them installed at your local Pep Boys. So you could just buy a base model in the color and transmission you want, then later on buy any of the other options.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't read 122 pages, so I'll ask again I'm sure, they are charging an unknown (at this time) installation fee for the options we order, I wonder if we could order 'on the side' and do install ourselves? I am guessing this isn't answerable exactly, just wondering aloud.
Somewhere along the line I heard the number $300.00 to have options installed at the build; they ship to the Marshalling centers and do all of the accessories there, then distribute them to the Retails stores.
What the $300.00 covers wasn't mentioned; I think it was just an at random number that they grabbed out of the air to use as an example.

If you've signed up for all of the Elio Motors mailers, there was one that came out today that touched on the options and how the ePlus / Configurator is just there for people to get used to using it; it's not the final version by any means.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of the survey they sent out recently and today's email; here's the line that covers what they had to say about the current ePlus/Configurator and the Survey they mailed out:

"Q: I see the new configurator has been launched, but it doesn’t have an option I want. Does this mean the option won’t be available?
A: Absolutely not! Please keep in mind that the configurator you see is just the first version, and is designed to give you a feel for the customization process once your number is called. We will be adding more features and improvements to the configurator in the coming months and it will continue to grow bigger and better!"

"The surveys are sent out to a random sampling group, so if you haven’t received one, don’t worry- you may in the future. These surveys are a great way for us to gauge what you, the reservation holder, want in your vehicle"

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the keyless ignition on our Leaf. It's all the more astounding to folks I'm giving rides to, because I don't turn a key and they never hear an engine start. We just get in, I presse a button, and the car starts going :D
This was one of the features of my Volt that I was surprised I liked so much. No more fumbling for keys!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This was one of the features of my Volt that I was surprised I liked so much. No more fumbling for keys!
There are a lot of cars that have the keyless ignitions; so it has to be a popular feature.
I just don't understand why there aren't more choices available in the aftermarket.

Just having the ignition different from the typical column mount, or in the dash right next to the column is boring; that one reason I always thought the Saab's were so cool; they have the ignition switch in the center console between the seats.
And now Aston Martin has what looks like a Zippo flip top lighter that you put into the ignition switch to activate it.
Just these little items that will set a vehicle apart from all the others are the kinds of items I look at to add that personal touch to them.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Smart Fortwo has a center console mounted ignition too. How about the Elio go old school and use an external crank? LOL

My wife's Venza uses a proximity key where the sensor is on the inside of the door handle. So just grab the door handle and if the key is in your pocket the doors unlock. The lock button is a spot on top of the door handle. And your standard push button on the dash. It is very convenient, something I really miss in my Miata.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Smart Fortwo has a center console mounted ignition too. How about the Elio go old school and use an external crank? LOL

My wife's Venza uses a proximity key where the sensor is on the inside of the door handle. So just grab the door handle and if the key is in your pocket the doors unlock. The lock button is a spot on top of the door handle. And your standard push button on the dash. It is very convenient, something I really miss in my Miata.
Nissan Altima also has that.

Top Bottom