• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm having flashbacks to the days when we could roll the car in neutral and pop it into gear to start an engine when the battery or starter was causing problems. But if there is no neutral, how could we do the same thing?

Not something that you can easily do with an automatic with a torque converter either, apparently the car needs to be doing around 30 MPH for it to work??? A manual transmission you can bump start just fine, probably true in the Elio too.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's how I've parked my last 2 cars (I also had remote start, so if left in gear, the car WILL move forward).
It always used to be that you should leave it in park in case the parking brake failed. I had a friend who swore the parking brake could freeze and lock the rear wheels so hard the car would have to be dragged. I've never had that issue even in Montana and North Dakota. But, I would always park with the car in gear just to be on the safe side. Now, you have remote start and that would be quite the game changer for me. I like my remote start...

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It always used to be that you should leave it in park in case the parking brake failed. I had a friend who swore the parking brake could freeze and lock the rear wheels so hard the car would have to be dragged. I've never had that issue even in Montana and North Dakota. But, I would always park with the car in gear just to be on the safe side. Now, you have remote start and that would be quite the game changer for me. I like my remote start...
Brakes froze on me twice. T'was back in the day with an early 60's VW.

chrisman183

Reaction score
I can't read 122 pages, so I'll ask again I'm sure, they are charging an unknown (at this time) installation fee for the options we order, I wonder if we could order 'on the side' and do install ourselves? I am guessing this isn't answerable exactly, just wondering aloud.

Top Bottom