• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Steering wheel = Gloves
Mirrors = De-Icer Spray
Man Up Gentlemen.
or Cowboy Up if you prefer.
As for the Sun, which in my opinion is harder to escape than old man winter, A custom Elio sunshade would be nice, Elio could print them up, with all the specs etc and send one with each autocycle. Or I'll just make one, easy peasy perfect fit.
Since I am an alumni and supporter of the McNeese State University Cowboys I like the "Cowboy Up". Our coach says that before each booster club meeting.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Steering wheel = Gloves
Mirrors = De-Icer Spray
Man Up Gentlemen.
As for the Sun, which in my opinion is harder to escape than old man winter, A custom Elio sunshade would be nice, Elio could print them up, with all the specs etc and send one with each autocycle. Or I'll just make one, easy peasy perfect fit.
There is only one little problem with the mixture he's using; Alcohol is a great deicer, it's also a great way to remove wax.
So anywhere it runs down onto the paint, goodbye wax, hello unprotected finish. You should be careful and make sure your deicer doesn't get on your paint, or that imitation "chrome"

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Steering wheel = Gloves
Mirrors = De-Icer Spray
Man Up Gentlemen.
I just plug in a 100W heater, leave it in my truck and I haven't scraped a window in 6 years. Now, for the first time ever, I have a garage big enough to house my truck so I'm figuring I won't be scraping windows ever... Bwaa ha ha! Seriously though, heater on center console, plug wire goes out the door, plugged into the house, no scraping... $20 plus whatever a 100W heater uses in electricity (I'm betting it's less than the fuel you'd use letting your car warm up enough to thaw the windows.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....Seriously though, heater on center console, plug wire goes out the door, plugged into the house, no scraping...
And a bright "post-it" on the steering wheel that says, "UNPLUG THE HEATER". Electicity doesn't cost much but, driving away while still plugged in can go thru a bunch of extension cords! :biggrin1:

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Steering wheel = Gloves
Mirrors = De-Icer Spray
Man Up Gentlemen.

That might work in warmer climates that might get a frost or barely drop below freezing.The big problem with this in the north is the dreaded refreeze

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Steering wheel = Gloves
Mirrors = De-Icer Spray
Man Up Gentlemen.

I don't enjoy standing outside when it is <20F and the wind is blowing in my face. If you've never experienced weeks on end of <0, you don't know how cold feels. ;) I don't want to be outside when it is that cold out and definitely don't want to be outside longer than I have to in order to get my iced up windows (and door) deiced. I think I'll have to install remote start on my Elio so I can warm it up for those super cold days.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't enjoy standing outside when it is <20F and the wind is blowing in my face. If you've never experienced weeks on end of <0, you don't know how cold feels. ;) I don't want to be outside when it is that cold out and definitely don't want to be outside longer than I have to in order to get my iced up windows (and door) deiced. I think I'll have to install remote start on my Elio so I can warm it up for those super cold days.

I know what you mean I lived north of Nome for over a year.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Used to drive a rig, trying to fill up in WY in a snowy 50mph north wind and -15 is still seared in my memeory. When it is that cold, you do what you have to and get back inside asap.
I liked the cold though, if it was above +15, I would shut her down and hide under a comfy blanket. Enjoyed my down time more in MN and ND than I did in AZ and NM.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And a bright "post-it" on the steering wheel that says, "UNPLUG THE HEATER". Electicity doesn't cost much but, driving away while still plugged in can go thru a bunch of extension cords! :biggrin1:
Lol... The heater cord makes it out the door and the couple times I actually did that, it got unplugged at the cord. However, after that, I ran the cord over the drivers seat so I wouldn't miss it.

Top Bottom