• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does this mean there will be only one wiring harness for all Elio's so as to accommodate for any electrical options?
I believe that's correct. I know that there are lots of points along the upper frame members for power take-offs. How they're doing this I do not know. But if you're going to add cameras and extra lights and such, there must be a way to wire them ... so a pretty decent number of access points to the wiring seems like a good idea. I guess when you pull away the headliner you can see them.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do remember information being mentioned on this forum, that there would be electrical plugs every few inches, such that many options can be easily accommodated. But again, that's just on my memory and this was mentioned many moon ago. Will it be easy to request too many options such that the electrical system can't handle them all? Unknown.
Your memory is correct. Whether that turns out to be the reality remains to be seen.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that's correct. I know that there are lots of points along the upper frame members for power take-offs. How they're doing this I do not know. But if you're going to add cameras and extra lights and such, there must be a way to wire them ... so a pretty decent number of access points to the wiring seems like a good idea. I guess when you pull away the headliner you can see them.
They could have sub assembly harnesses too; the main harness would have an input/output plug and you plug in a harness that would do a different package in an area. Like under the hood, or by the dash, or even in the back of the car.

Top Bottom