• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You aren't going to get an option of matte or glossy on a color. You can pick a color.
For the painted color options, yes. But the vinyl wraps can easily come in gloss, matte, etc. Also mirror-like, glow-in-the-dark, reflective, faux carbon fiber, etc. We don't know the level of customization that the wraps will come in, but once you have the digital stencil programmed into the vinyl cutting machine, any material can be cut and applied to the car with the same level of effort.
(Printing graphics onto the vinyl is a whole other ballgame, but only requires 1 more machine to do the printing and an artist who can design the print to fit the stencil design).

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I'll stick to the basic. I'm getting tired just thinking about all the add on possibilities. I haven't even been in for a month yet and I already forgot what I ordered anyway. I don't even remember being asked about the automatic.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I'll stick to the basic. I'm getting tired just thinking about all the add on possibilities. I haven't even been in for a month yet and I already forgot what I ordered anyway. I don't even remember being asked about the automatic.

Nobody has been asked about our order's yet; right now we're all just speculating on what we want. :)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I once had a clear bra applied to the nose of my Mitsubishi. Probably much thicker than these wraps. At my request it was not UV resistant so the paint would fade uniformly. Might consider this for my Elio.
On the other hand, vinyl wraps are popular with leasees because it protects the paint from scratches and UV damage. The wrap can be removed without damaging the paint underneath, effectively doubling the life and shine of the factory paint job. It's not just for looks, they can be a great investment.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I once had a clear bra applied to the nose of my Mitsubishi. Probably much thicker than these wraps. At my request it was not UV resistant so the paint would fade uniformly. Might consider this for my Elio.
Never heard of a clear bra before. I'll have to see if I can talk the wife into one.

Come to think of it that may be the first time I've talked someone into a bra.

I could have so much fun with this:eyebrows:.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see what you mean with the gull wing configuration. With the butterfly and lambo/scissor doors, would it be difficult to get into the hinge assembly to alter those dynamics? I haven't done any welding or body work on a car before, so I'm a pretty big noob at it haha

Does it have to have a door?

Top Bottom