• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Never heard of a clear bra before. I'll have to see if I can talk the wife into one.

Come to think of it that may be the first time I've talked someone into a bra.

I could have so much fun with this:eyebrows:.
Talking them out of the bra is more fun!

Couldn't we though NOT!! this is starting down a path we don't want to go down on here. K?

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've decided to order my E base model. But I want a set of the open fenders as well. What are the chances I can get them without buying the wheels and tires in the open fender "package"? (yeah, I went there...):rolleyes:

Last edited:

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've decided to order my E base model. But I want a set of the open fenders as well. What are the chances I can get them without buying the wheels and tires in the open fender "package"? (yeah, I went there...):rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing and thought about getting the fenders and wheels after I take delivery of my base Elio. Then I would have the option of choosing the wheels I like and the ability to go back to the stock aero look when ever I want.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, they mentioned that there were plans for it. But Skyz hasn't said anything new since they were announced as a partner over a year ago. No mention of it on their web page: http://www.infiniteskyz.com/hardware/elio_app.html That still exclusively mentions Apple products. Nothing on there about Android at all. When they update their page to say they support Android, then I'll believe it. Until then it's just "if".

I am old school. In my value set, I won't buy another Apple product. Skyz is going to need an Android to sell to me. Like me if you agree.

remainder of post deleted as being constructed to inflame responses

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am old school. I won't buy another Apple product. Skyz is going to need an Android to sell to me. Like me if you agree.

It has been said Skyz will be available in Android. With that said, you really need to look up security information as to why Apple did what it did (or rather, couldn't do).

response to deleted comment has been removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I was under the impression that this was part-and-parcel with their entire strategy. From snippets I've gleaned from the blog and talking to the folks touring the prototype, EM is expecting/hoping for a large after-market industry to spring up around the Elio.

My impression of Paul and the rest of the people at EM is that they are laser-focused on delivering an inexpensive vehicle; the goal is to give mobility to the poor so we can better lift ourselves out of poverty. By limiting the number of factory-available options, they can keep engineering and production costs down while simultaneously opening up the field to small businesses, who will then fill in the "accessory gap". (I, for example, am looking at getting an industrial sewing machine to sew custom canvas car covers).

I wouldn't take the options listed on the web page as serious for now; I'm pretty sure those are just placeholders meant to give an idea of what the final options could be. As the vehicle nears production, I expect we'll get a more fleshed out options list from Elio's suppliers (audio options from MTX, seat options from Lear, etc). It makes sense that optional body panels would be produced in-house, but I don't expect any money or time will be spent on developing those until after the base model has gone into full production. Major mechanical upgrades (turbo et. al.) certainly won't be available in the first year. And I think it is better that way. Let's get $6,800 cars first!

Put me on the list for a car cover. I have no room in the garage

Top Bottom