• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Daryl M

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just pulling your leg when I said the Etch-a-sketch dial-up.

I'm a retired geek so it was an IT joke.
I'll bet you wax your modem to make it go faster too.

When I read nickskeys post I thought, "4 minutes? Wow, that's fast." My normal internet connection acts like i'm using a Dixie cup and a string. When I want speed, I tether to my phone. If they hadn't run out of copper here and started multiplexing the phone lines, I could dig out the acoustic coupler (Novation CAT, 110 baud) and go dial-up for some real speed. When people comment on the speed of my computer and ask what type of chip I use, I answer "Dorito".

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll bet you wax your modem to make it go faster too.

When I read nickskeys post I thought, "4 minutes? Wow, that's fast." My normal internet connection acts like i'm using a Dixie cup and a string. When I want speed, I tether to my phone. If they hadn't run out of copper here and started multiplexing the phone lines, I could dig out the acoustic coupler (Novation CAT, 110 baud) and go dial-up for some real speed. When people comment on the speed of my computer and ask what type of chip I use, I answer "Dorito".
FOTFLMFAO!!!! BTW (1 gig in Seattle- pages pop before I get my finger off the last key)

Top Bottom