• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla’s Model 3 Electric Car Gets Requests For 135,000 Vehicles On First Day Of Ordering

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, the Toyota Prius we had definitely wasn't built for quick battery fixes. It WOULD be nice if they made the battery packs easier to work on. Until battery charging started speeding up, I thought it would be nice to have battery swap locations rather than recharge stations. You'd drive up, the system would drop your battery and install a fresh one. But alas, it looks like they'll be able to get 300 miles from a 15 minute charge soon enough.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I own a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid and battery packs are definitely serviceable or repairable. I've actually installed a charging/discharging system on my car from https://hybridautomotive.com/ for regular battery maintenance since mine is pushing 130k miles. I was able to completely access and make the adjustments in the battery compartment in about 2-3 hours. Before I deciding on buying a maintenance system, I had to look into possible replacement battery systems, and there are many companies starting to pop up to provide products and services for these older hybrids. With more and more hybrid and full EVs being produced every year, more companies will fill the void of battery repair and maintenance that these cars will need.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This is simply entitlement of an owner that is unhappy that the red carpet isn't being rolled out anymore as the company has gotten bigger. Not saying Tesla doesn't have areas where it can improve...but I am saying that when you sell vehicles to this certain demographic you get people that are insanely entitled and concerned over small ridiculous details, and entirely too litigious.

There are far more accounts of happy owners than not, and that's reflected in owner surveys that come out every year. Tesla has the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. You can't please everyone, however.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This is simply entitlement of an owner that is unhappy that the red carpet isn't being rolled out anymore as the company has gotten bigger. Not saying Tesla doesn't have areas where it can improve...but I am saying that when you sell vehicles to this certain demographic you get people that are insanely entitled and concerned over small ridiculous details, and entirely too litigious.

There are far more accounts of happy owners than not, and that's reflected in owner surveys that come out every year. Tesla has the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. You can't please everyone, however.
You might want to read that again, he bought more then 1.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might want to read that again, he bought more then 1.

Yes, all before the company took off...

I'm on the forums all the time, people lament the fact that the company has gotten larger...and constantly talk about the influx of Model 3 owners that will really bring the forum down.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have reservations on a Tesla Model 3 and two other concept vehicles that are following Tesla's direct to consumer sales model. My only issue with that business model is the lack of local brick and mortar dealerships to offer convenient warranty work, parts, and servicing locations. Partnering with an established servicing chain may eliminate some of the problem, but it is safer to ass.u.me a more responsive after the sale servicing and Award winning customer service from the dealer you purchased the vehicle from.

Tesla Motor's has top rated reviews regarding the quality of their vehicles along with thumbs up customer service experiences. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe that a Tesla's Service Technician damaged a vehicle and didn't take the responsibility to repair it.

Why take the negative opinions and experience of one disgruntled Tesla reviewer as fact? We should give Tesla Motors (with actual sales/customers) the same benefit of the doubt we give Elio Motors when we read a negative Elio media review or a disgruntled Elio reservationist social media comment.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have reservations on a Tesla Model 3 and two other concept vehicles that are following Tesla's direct to consumer sales model. My only issue with that business model is the lack of local brick and mortar dealerships to offer convenient warranty work, parts, and servicing locations. Partnering with an established servicing chain may eliminate some of the problem, but it is safer to ass.u.me a more responsive after the sale servicing and Award winning customer service from the dealer you purchased the vehicle from.

Tesla Motor's has top rated reviews regarding the quality of their vehicles along with thumbs up customer service experiences. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe that a Tesla's Service Technician damaged a vehicle and didn't take the responsibility to repair it.

Why take the negative opinions and experience of one disgruntled Tesla reviewer as fact? We should give Tesla Motors (with actual sales/customers) the same benefit of the doubt we give Elio Motors when we read a negative Elio media review or a disgruntled Elio reservationist social media comment.

I own a Tesla, and have a reservation for a Model 3. I haven't sued Tesla, nor do I feel their customer service is lacking.

So, opinion is at least 50/50 split on the issue on this forum.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I own a Tesla, and have a reservation for a Model 3. I haven't sued Tesla, nor do I feel their customer service is lacking.

So, opinion is at least 50/50 split on the issue on this forum.
Curious if you within a reasonable driving range to a Tesla Servicing Center.

Top Bottom