• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla’s Model 3 Electric Car Gets Requests For 135,000 Vehicles On First Day Of Ordering

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being interested in the bleeding edge of personal transportation technology can definitely be frustrating.

Over the years I have been interested in several vehicles which never made it to market and currently besides the Elio and Tesla Model 3 I have been following the Lit Motors C-1 for years however I have not made a reservation as that project still needs to work through some serious technical hurdles.
I placed my first concept vehicle reservation deposit on the C-1 about 3 years ago. It was such an exciting concept that I was sucked in and willing to be an early adopter Beta tester on one of the first production run vehicles. I made the reservation as insurance given the slim chance the C-1 would ever make it to production. Missed production dates and no tangible progress on the prototype build prompted me to request a refund some time ago. There is dim lights on at Lit Motors and still no tangible progress on a prototype build.

I currently have 3 reservation deposits on various concept vehicles and the only one I am 100% certain to take delivery on is the Tesla Model 3.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..............and the best news...........no gauge cluster.

image.png

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..............and the best news...........no gauge cluster.

View attachment 9041
it's not exactly like you're "settling", you've made an excellent choice. Tesla has produced THE highest rating that C.R. has done in all the years of reporting. I've yet to get a ride in one, perhaps you'll be out this way and give me a spin- which you the best, I can't begin to feel your frustration- enjoy!!

XI:I night all

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it's not exactly like you're "settling", you've made an excellent choice. Tesla has produced THE highest rating that C.R. has done in all the years of reporting. I've yet to get a ride in one, perhaps you'll be out this way and give me a spin- which you the best, I can't begin to feel your frustration- enjoy!!

XI:I night all
Thanks, I'm not that far from Seattle and may actually make it your way. The ride may cost you a Seatle's Best Coffee and a vegan snack cake............oh heck, I'll buy! If you are road tripping in the Elio and pass by Couer d'Alene, ID on I-90 E we could do test ride and drive shares around the lakeshore drive.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although, I thought it was 200,000 vehicles of a particular model. But maybe I got that wrong?
No, not per model. Not even per brand. It's manufacturer based. So when GM puts out an EV, then it counts across all brands under the GM umbrella. Once they sell 200,000, then no one buying a GM vehicle ever gets the credit after that.

In actual practice, the law isn't quite so rigid. The way it's written allows a lot of slop, and potentially quite a few more than 200k can get the credit. Delivering 200k just starts the phase out period, which takes at least 12 months. You can easily find article on the Internet about it. With the success of Tesla's Model 3 reservation program, there are articles about it all over the place.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
R

Rick,
Stil taking delivery now that projected price is $49,000 ?
I haven't heard the news on a price jump on the base Model 3. I'll wait to see my configured base plus options total price. My Model 3 Reservation # is under the 200,000 mark so the applied $7500 rebate + the $6800 I had planned to spend on my Elio = $14,300. Also, I need a test drive to validate the purchase as with any car I've ever purchased. Time will tell. :) The good news is they have started deliveries and have executed a plan to scale production numbers rather quickly.

Top Bottom