• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla’s Model 3 Electric Car Gets Requests For 135,000 Vehicles On First Day Of Ordering

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard the news on a price jump on the base Model 3. I'll wait to see my configured base plus options total price. My Model 3 Reservation # is under the 200,000 mark so the applied $7500 rebate + the $6800 I had planned to spend on my Elio = $14,300. Also, I need a test drive to validate the purchase as with any car I've ever purchased. Time will tell. :) The good news is they have started deliveries and have executed a plan to scale production numbers rather quickly.
Love to see some pictures when you get it.
" Go for Tesla's Premium trim (310-mile range) and the Model 3 could become a $60,000 purchase all in."
http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-model-3-chevy-bolt-specs-features-2017-7

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard the news on a price jump on the base Model 3. I'll wait to see my configured base plus options total price. My Model 3 Reservation # is under the 200,000 mark so the applied $7500 rebate + the $6800 I had planned to spend on my Elio = $14,300. Also, I need a test drive to validate the purchase as with any car I've ever purchased. Time will tell. :) The good news is they have started deliveries and have executed a plan to scale production numbers rather quickly.
are there still federal credits? I know there was a max but unsure if it was by model or manufacturer (sp?)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
are there still federal credits? I know there was a max but unsure if it was by model or manufacturer (sp?)
My understanding is the current $7500 tax credit applies to the first 200,000 Model 3 deliveries, which is the max number of vehicles per model to qualify so #200,001 misses out on the credit. My ass.u.me ption is based on a recent article that I read, but have not confirmed it.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/tes...deral-tax-credits-for-car-buyers-edmunds.html

Between the early Roadster, Model S, Model X, and now the Model 3, estimates suggest Tesla Motors is eligible to claim the full $7500 federal tax incentive on fewer than 80,000 more vehicles.

Given the fact that Tesla produced nearly that many vehicles in total for 2016, in conjunction with the anticipated steep production ramp-up quoted to meet high demand for the more than 500,000 standing Model 3 reservationists, the full incentive will likely start being phased out by Q1 2018.

Once the grand total of 200,000 eligible vehicle incentives have been claimed, a phase-out begins. For the following two quarters, the federal tax incentive is halved to $3750. For the subsequent two quarters thereafter, the federal tax incebtive is halved yet again to $1875.

Unless the federal tax code changes, Tesla Motors will have exhausted their allotment of federal tax incentives one calendar year after producing 200,000 total qualifying vehicles, accounting for the phase-out.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a rumor to digest, reference the Model 3. The Model 3 with the most upgrade will be produced first. The basic (cheapest) ones will be produced last.

I heard that from a person that has a Model 3 on order.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a rumor to digest, reference the Model 3. The Model 3 with the most upgrade will be produced first. The basic (cheapest) ones will be produced last.

I heard that from a person that has a Model 3 on order.

Not really a rumor, Tesla mentioned how they were rolling out the cars: https://www.tesla.com/model3

The first models being made have the larger battery (base price of $49k), then later this year they are making the standard models with 220 mile battery, and next year they make the dual motor AWD version. So the most expensive is being made last with the cheapest in the middle.

Top Bottom