• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla’s Model 3 Electric Car Gets Requests For 135,000 Vehicles On First Day Of Ordering

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Need to correct the "Finally..."75%" to "25%".
Also, everyone needs to know that you have to have a tax liability to benefit.
In other words, if you only owe $1000 in Federal income tax, you'll only get that $1000 forgiven.
You won't get a rebate check for $6500 on top of it.
Totally agreed! And it actually helps those who are in the higher tax bracket with bigger taxes to pay because they're wealthier than the average Joe! Poor me who have to settle for a used EV. Ah well, that's how the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Totally agreed! And it actually helps those who are in the higher tax bracket with bigger taxes to pay because they're wealthier than the average Joe! Poor me who have to settle for a used EV. Ah well, that's how the cookie crumbles.

Toyota and Mazda announced today, 8/4/17, a joint venture to build electric cars in America. The venture would create 4,000 new jobs. The site of the venture was not mentioned. (Public Broadcasting News, St louis)

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In other words, if you only owe $1000 in Federal income tax, you'll only get that $1000 forgiven.

That's where leasing can be beneficial, the $7500 goes to the lender and the savings past onto you.

I realize not everyone likes to lease, but I think it's beneficial for EVs...with the uncertainty of depreciation.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's where leasing can be beneficial, the $7500 goes to the lender and the savings past onto you.

I realize not everyone likes to lease, but I think it's beneficial for EVs...with the uncertainty of depreciation.
jsnw, if you have any links to that information in more detail, please share. I'm sure there are interested parties here.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always hated that part of the tax code. Credits over Deductions broadens the incentives to do what the program is intended to do. Deductions are only for those paying Federal Income taxes which is now less than half the population.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always hated that part of the tax code. Credits over Deductions broadens the incentives to do what the program is intended to do. Deductions are only for those paying Federal Income taxes which is now less than half the population.

Congress is on recess until after Labor Day, but one of their pressing to-do items is hammering out a tax overhaul bill in the Fall. One of the key changes I recall reading was a significant hike in the standard deduction. I thought the same thing as you; it's as if our elected leaders are literally attempting to ensure that more of the population claims the standard deduction rather than itemizing and taking advantage of every carve-out, loophole, and extraneous special interest handout that they themselves lobby to keep in the tax code.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congress is on recess until after Labor Day, but one of their pressing to-do items is hammering out a tax overhaul bill in the Fall. One of the key changes I recall reading was a significant hike in the standard deduction. I thought the same thing as you; it's as if our elected leaders are literally attempting to ensure that more of the population claims the standard deduction rather than itemizing and taking advantage of every carve-out, loophole, and extraneous special interest handout that they themselves lobby to keep in the tax code.
So, do you think that levels the playing field a bit more for a lot of people?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although most went home, officially, Congress is in session. They do that to keep appointments from occurring, this has been used before, and is no reflection of current events. It's strictly a technical maneuver.

Top Bottom