• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio And The Deer

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
over 50+ years of driving, I've never hit a deer .... unfortunately, during that same time frame 2 kamikaze deer have hit the vehicle I was driving ..
mad.gif
.. as noted, damaged components can be replaced/repaired .... my biggest concern centers on an Elio's very low profile .... I can easily see a deer flipping up over the hood and into the windshield .... the heavy corner post on each side of the windshield should provide some protection .... I can also see with the exposed outrigger connections, an Elio may well have to be towed after contact with a deer

Jim

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
over 50+ years of driving, I've never hit a deer .... unfortunately, during that same time frame 2 kamikaze deer have hit the vehicle I was driving ..
mad.gif
.. as noted, damaged components can be replaced/repaired .... my biggest concern centers on an Elio's very low profile .... I can easily see a deer flipping up over the hood and into the windshield .... the heavy corner post on each side of the windshield should provide some protection .... I can also see with the exposed outrigger connections, an Elio may well have to be towed after contact with a deer

Jim
I have hit or been hit by 5 or so. I've yet to have to be towed. Most just bounce off the side and I keep going. Like you, I fear this may not be the case with the Elio.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of the year I'm not too concerned about deer hits but come rutting season my "spidey senses" go on full power, even more so at night. Like any car, the Elio won't come out well from the encounter. My concern is how I and my come out of it but from what I know of the construction of the cabin, it bodes well. Although, I wouldn't want to loose the E-car either, that's for sure!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with installing "deer whistles" that are advertised to keep deer from crossing in front of a vehicle

Jim
My Dad swears by them (as opposed to "at them"), he's never had a problem. He lives in deepest, darkest Nebraska.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
understood .... I've read highly favorable comments and ones that were highly unfavorable ... most others were somewhere in between with a substantial number from folks (like me) who don't have a clue

Jim

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
time and space

the deer will only be in that exact intersecting point for a fraction of a second

so the FASTER YOU GO

THE LESS LIKELY YOU ARE TO EVER HIT A DEER !

62 years riding a motorcycle never went down or hit anything !!

in October at 11pm I was heading home here on Island when I saw two deer up ahead

there are THOUSANDS here as there is no hunting and no predators

so I stopped to let them pass

started to move again (speed limit is 25 MPH) and GAZAAAM …

another deer out of the woods tried to jump OVER me ??

hit me in the head, down we went, me and my bike and Mr. Deer

I should have been going FASTER !!!

those front wheels will tear right off just like paper when they hit something …

i predict we will see DAILY pictures being posted of front outriggers being sheared off …it is a new perspective for drivers to become accustomed ...

Top Bottom