• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome! One problem. I don't own, and never have owned a cellphone. I know! I know! What the H*LL is wrong with this guy. I've been a 'hold out' for so long, it's become a matter of pride to me. I love the looks I get when I tell them...:eek: [and that's a pretty good representation of their look!]

One caveat: On long road trips/vacations, my wife has hers for the "just in case of emergency" situations.

No cell phone!? :eek:

Do you have dial-up internet too? Are you using AOL as we speak? :p

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome! One problem. I don't own, and never have owned a cellphone. I know! I know! What the H*LL is wrong with this guy. I've been a 'hold out' for so long, it's become a matter of pride to me. I love the looks I get when I tell them...:eek: [and that's a pretty good representation of their look!]

One caveat: On long road trips/vacations, my wife has hers for the "just in case of emergency" situations.

I get those looks when people see my cell phone.....an old LG flip phone. Will have it till it stops working or I lose it somewhere.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No cell phone!? :eek:

Do you have dial-up internet too? Are you using AOL as we speak? :p

I send all my responses via carrier pigeon to a friend using a Commodore 64, who converts it to text, prints it out on his dot-matrix printer, and hands it off to his neighbor with an Apple Lisa [you gotta be old, and computer nerd to know what a Lisa is] who posts if for me. Luckily, I've recently upgraded my pigeons to carry 100mbs.:rolleyes:

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I was the same way until about 3 months ago. Never had a cell phone, and wouldn't really miss this one if it was gone. The only reason I got one is because I purchased a car with Bluetooth. Really, it's more of an "auto accessory" for me, and I will spend money on vehicle upgrades. Heck, I wasn't on the internet at home until the beginning of this school year. My 9 Y.O. had to have it for some of his assignments. Talk about being forced to buy something you don't want too!:confused:

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I send all my responses via carrier pigeon to a friend using a Commodore 64, who converts it to text, prints it out on his dot-matrix printer, and hands it off to his neighbor with an Apple Lisa [you gotta be old, and computer nerd to know what a Lisa is] who posts if for me. Luckily, I've recently upgraded my pigeons to carry 100mbs.:rolleyes:

I understood all of that..... damnit. Means I'm officially old.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was the same way until about 3 months ago. Never had a cell phone, and wouldn't really miss this one if it was gone. The only reason I got one is because I purchased a car with Bluetooth. Really, it's more of an "auto accessory" for me, and I will spend money on vehicle upgrades. Heck, I wasn't on the internet at home until the beginning of this school year. My 9 Y.O. had to have it for some of his assignments. Talk about being forced to buy something you don't want too!:confused:

Yep! But just think of all the fun you'll have hanging out here! :D

Top Bottom