• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly the issue as while we have good indications of more than one set of castings we don't actually know exactly how many engines they have going together right now.

Either way, over the next year the engines will be thoroughly tested both in the lab and in the preproduction vehicles. I am sure some issues will be found and revisions will be needed however, as this engine is so simple, I hope and doubt the issues will be anything major.

None of this is 'rocket science', mo the better...............got to think IAV has had a test protocol
for this engine ginned up from the start..................testing engine designs, to computer models,
is their bread & butter..............I would guess their (IAV's) big concern is meeting mpg numbers...........
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4jLwBRmX1fSzH3NToQ0Pm1ZdRjqAvpZVOtbz6bvitpM3Nfgeb.jpg

Last edited:

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
None of this is 'rocket science', mo the better...............got to think IAV has had a test protocol
for this engine ginned up from the start..................testing engine designs,to computer models,
is their bread & butter..............I would guess their big concern is meeting mpg numbers.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4jLwBRmX1fSzH3NToQ0Pm1ZdRjqAvpZVOtbz6bvitpM3Nfgeb.jpg

Hello KUda , you can breathe a little easier now. I located an answer to your last phrase up-top about "their big concern is meeting mpg numbers." There has been in print already under Silas Sunday, town hall meeting release where Paul Elio has stated "Right now if we launched today we are at $7300 and 81 mpg. So I'm keeping everyone's feet to the fire pushing towards $6800."
I found that on the eliomotors.com site. I think that is grand news eh! :D
Enjoy your Elio <> 84mpg!:)
You know Paul Elio is so grand to stay with his vision to design an 84 mpg Elio for the masses! Gas prices are not coming down. Check Wall Street Journal Friday , September 19,2014 (Money & Investing). " Price Quirk Sends Crude Out to Sea" Big oil companies and traders are stashing millions of barrels of crude on massive tankers bobbing in the ocean , in a bid to profit from a quirk in oil markets." Crude price is low now so investors are stockpiling it on tankers until the price comes back up. Ha, investors are storing crude oil in tankers. I THANK YOU PAUL ELIO AND TEAM ELIO FOR THE 84 MPG ELIO !! Thank you , I am on your team, I am all in $1, 000.000. I am a consumer, I will use your 84 mpg Elio! I can wait till 2015! You know the most how to get mpg out of a gallon of gas <> The Elio, 84 mpg , $6,800.00 retail in real time!

Terrence :)

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello KUda , you can breathe a little easier now. I located an answer to your last phrase up-top about "their big concern is meeting mpg numbers." There has been in print already under Silas Sunday, town hall meeting release where Paul Elio has stated "Right now if we launched today we are at $7300 and 81 mpg. So I'm keeping everyone's feet to the fire pushing towards $6800."
I found that on the eliomotors.com site. I think that is grand news eh! :D
Enjoy your Elio <> 84mpg!:)
You know Paul Elio is so grand to stay with his vision to design an 84 mpg Elio for the masses! Gas prices are not coming down. Check Wall Street Journal Friday , September 19,2014 (Money & Investing). " Price Quirk Sends Crude Out to Sea" Big oil companies and traders are stashing millions of barrels of crude on massive tankers bobbing in the ocean , in a bid to profit from a quirk in oil markets." Crude price is low now so investors are stockpiling it on tankers until the price comes back up. Ha, investors are storing crude oil in tankers. I THANK YOU PAUL ELIO AND TEAM ELIO FOR THE 84 MPG ELIO !! Thank you , I am on your team, I am all in $1, 000.000. I am a consumer, I will use your 84 mpg Elio! I can wait till 2015! You know the most how to get mpg out of a gallon of gas <> The Elio, 84 mpg , $6,800.00 retail in real time!

He said he was keeping their feet to the fire on the $6800, but didn't say it about the 84 MPG. If they don't make it, I want a new bumper sticker.:)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He said he was keeping their feet to the fire on the $6800, but didn't say it about the 84 MPG. If they don't make it, I want a new bumper sticker.:)

Hello Kuda, reread it please.
Paul Elio says, right now if it was released it is currently at 81 mpg. That is real time Kuda, read into that statement Kuda, currently our Elio is only 3 mpg away from the target of 84 mpg! That is just incredible Kuda. That was my first reason to reply to, locate the facts, then inform you that the Elio is only 3 mpg away from the target of 84 mpg! I hope that helps you.
best to you all my Elio friends,

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never advertise at what you want it to get but lower. Then when the customer gets more MPG they will brag on the quality. More sales.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Kuda, reread it please.
Paul Elio says, right now if it was released it is currently at 81 mpg. That is real time Kuda, read into that statement Kuda, currently our Elio is only 3 mpg away from the target of 84 mpg! That is just incredible Kuda. That was my first reason to reply to, locate the facts, then inform you that the Elio is only 3 mpg away from the target of 84 mpg! I hope that helps you.
best to you all my Elio friends,

Hi Terrance,
Thanks for the research! I have no worries that the production Elio will get
the sought after 84 mpg. It may take a combination of tweaks to get there.
Remember the current 81 mpg (P4) is without the IAV motor, which, fr.the
get go, has been modeled/designed to achieve 84 mpg or better...............
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPGW-gBTTthamAQUFyo7GmvFPhBxYgkAMmRP__OMP5iL1m5Uni.jpg

Top Bottom