• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The tricky part about a spellchecker is you have to go back and check to see if the correctly spelled word was the word you actually wanted to use. I assume "sunroom" should have been "sunroof ".
Maybe with all the money that will be saved on his/her Elio, they can add a sunroom to their house.:rolleyes:

you are doing a TERRIFIC job Elio Motors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please keep it up :cheer2:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
BLANKETY-BLANK autocorrect
Ok, we'll let that one slide :becky: Putting a sunroof in the Elio was never a problem, but the issue was that it's going to be so small it's going to be more like a sun porthole in the roof. Because of the structure around the perimeter of the roof and the framework of the sunroof you would only end up with a opening that's about 10" side to side, and maybe 12" front to rear because of the curvature of the roof line. You can get glass to seal with a slight curve in the glass, but to match the roof line it will almost be like a small bubble. It comes down to, is it really worth it?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked whether they'll have time to do any testing with P5 before the show and got the impression that hadn't even been considered. My guess is that it'll be ready just in time for LA.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as I remember the LA Auto Show starts on Nov 20th and runs through the 29th .... allowing time for transport from Detroit to the show, they have a little over 3 weeks to complete the build .... from the latest pictures, that wouldn't seem to allow much time for testing

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked whether they'll have time to do any testing with P5 before the show and got the impression that hadn't even been considered. My guess is that it'll be ready just in time for LA.
A few weeks ago EM stated that they 'expected' to have the 20 +/- week P5 build complete in October with time for testing prior to the November LA Auto Show reveal.

The photos released showing the P5 Build makes it appear to be alot drive train and wiring work remaining along with the more detailed interior work.

The "We EXPECT it to be there" statement in Post #571 above is not very reasurring to me. This would have been much more reasurring, "Yes it will be there" and will be revealed as promised to encourage the continued support of our Elio fan base!"

Top Bottom