• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Worst Traffic Anywhere?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is like, oh look the traffic is merging to one lane a mile ahead. I soooo important that I will wait to the last 50 yards to merge.
See, I can go either way on this one.
Either use BOTH lanes up until the merge point then take turns (remember kindergarten?) Or, like you say, move over when you realize that you going to have to anyway.
I kind of prefer the use both lanes philosophy, but then when no one else does it, and you're zooming past everyone that already merged, you feel like a jerk.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Either use BOTH lanes up until the merge point then take turns (remember kindergarten?) Or, like you say, move over when you realize that you going to have to anyway.
I kind of prefer the use both lanes philosophy, but then when no one else does it, and you're zooming past everyone that already merged, you feel like a jerk.
As I understand though, quite legal. So it depends on if you can stand the 10+ minute wait to get past the construction (or whatever) or take advantage of the empty lane. With that being said, if it's not too long, I'll merge early.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Please don't confuse feeling like a jerk and being a jerk. Just kidding and giving the finger.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
As a long time Atlanta area resident I can easily say that Atlanta traffic can be horrible! That said having traveled a fair bit I can also say there are also plenty of other American cities with similar, or even worser, traffic issues. :D

Having traveled a good bit internationally I can also appreciate how no matter how bad it can get here Americans have it fairly easy as whole. Driving in quite a number of other countries one not only finds horrendous traffic issues but even worse horrendous safety issues. While I have occasionally seen a really bad accident in the USA, and even seen bodies lying under a sheet on the road, while traveling overseas I have either witnessed or seen the aftermath of so many horrible incidents on the road which just would not happen in the USA or most of the EU. :eek:

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please don't confuse feeling like a jerk and being a jerk. Just kidding and giving the finger.

A the risk of bringing this thread to a screeching halt, feel free to ignore this.
But one of the problems I have is that I have one of those fish things on the back of my car. And when I drive, I always remember that it's back there. So whether I'm being a jerk or feeling like a jerk, I always remember that I am representing what that fish stands for. And if someone else perceives me as being a jerk, then I have hurt that representation, and that is something I never want to do. So I'll err on the side of respectability even if it means that I have to sit in line, knowing full well, that's it's perfectly within my right to drive to the merge point.

My wife tells me I over-think things! Ya think? ;)

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a long time Atlanta area resident I can easily say that Atlanta traffic can be horrible! That said having traveled a fair bit I can also say there are also plenty of other American cities with similar, or even worser, traffic issues. :D

Having traveled a good bit internationally I can also appreciate how no matter how bad it can get here Americans have it fairly easy as whole. Driving in quite a number of other countries one not only finds horrendous traffic issues but even worse horrendous safety issues. While I have occasionally seen a really bad accident in the USA, and even seen bodies lying under a sheet on the road, while traveling overseas I have either witnessed or seen the aftermath of so many incidents on the road which just would not happen in the USA or most of the EU. :eek:

That not having land mines is a big safety plus.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A the risk of bringing this thread to a screeching halt, feel free to ignore this.
But one of the problems I have is that I have one of those fish things on the back of my car. And when I drive, I always remember that it's back there. So whether I'm being a jerk or feeling like a jerk, I always remember that I am representing what that fish stands for. And if someone else perceives me as being a jerk, then I have hurt that representation, and that is something I never want to do. So I'll err on the side of respectability even if it means that I have to sit in line, knowing full well, that's it's perfectly within my right to drive to the merge point.

My wife tells me I over-think things! Ya think? ;)

Do you mean a Bass Boat?

Top Bottom