• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Worst Traffic Anywhere?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. I can say that if so, it seems to have been successful so far.
I confronted RUCrayze as to why every time I see him he is walking round beating a drum. He finally conceded that it was his job to keep the elephants away.................I'm forced to concede and admit it seems to be working too. LOL

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I kind of prefer the use both lanes philosophy, but then when no one else does it, and you're zooming past everyone that already merged, you feel like a jerk.

Here in Minnesota, that's called a "Zipper Merge" and MnDOT's trying to teach us to do it:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

From what I've seen the education may take a while to sink in.......

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've heard that driving in Russia is insane! The drivers are terrible, lots of road rage, and the PoPo are corrupt! So, many people have resorted to on board cameras...the best way to get a fair shake after an accident....or road rage incident.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always willingly let people pass me, if they come up behind me, even when it's obvious they are going faster than the speed limit. If you are the fastest thing on the road, you become a police target. If you're only the second fastest, you are only second in line for a ticket.

Also, I don't want to be part of their accident. I let them go elsewhere to have it. It's not my place to try to play at traffic cops.

A few years ago my fifteen year old son had a very serious accident while away at school. I was wakened at 3 a.m. by the local police banging on my bedroom window. They told me I needed to get to Lincoln hospital, 45 miles away, as soon as I could, to give my written consent for a serious operation he needed.

Believe me, I paid absolutely no attention to any speed limit. I covered 45 miles in just over half an hour, none of it on main roads, it was all single carriageway. I often think about this when someone comes up behind me in a great hurry. They might have just as urgent a need as I did that day. Just pull over like a grown up should and let people go.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always willingly let people pass me, if they come up behind me, even when it's obvious they are going faster than the speed limit. If you are the fastest thing on the road, you become a police target. If you're only the second fastest, you are only second in line for a ticket.

Also, I don't want to be part of their accident. I let them go elsewhere to have it. It's not my place to try to play at traffic cops.

A few years ago my fifteen year old son had a very serious accident while away at school. I was wakened at 3 a.m. by the local police banging on my bedroom window. They told me I needed to get to Lincoln hospital, 45 miles away, as soon as I could, to give my written consent for a serious operation he needed.

Believe me, I paid absolutely no attention to any speed limit. I covered 45 miles in just over half an hour, none of it on main roads, it was all single carriageway. I often think about this when someone comes up behind me in a great hurry. They might have just as urgent a need as I did that day. Just pull over like a grown up should and let people go.
Thanks for sharing Wheater. Hope your boy is ok now. Had a similar situation myself but that's another story we don't talk about.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SF need I say more :(

That's San Francisco
Aw, yes. I remember one trip to the East Bay from SF when there had been a major accident on the east bound Bay Bridge. I was taking a black and white photography class at the time and I got some great photos of people sitting and waiting for their turn to get on the bridge (we were there for I believe 2 hours). Some were reading books, newspapers, whatever they had to read, some were napping, some were writing, etc. I took pictures through side view mirros, rear view mirror and out the windows. It definitely helped passed the time in an unusual way. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom