• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Worst Traffic Anywhere?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would be correct...and silly!
I love thoughtful drivers. Especially when they keep right except to pass. We have so many elderly drivers in Florida who think it's their right to sit in the left lane of our many two lane highways and crawl along at ten mile an hour under the speed limit. They don't have accidents, they just cause them. As a member of the that age group, I still have a tendancy to maintain the usual 5 mph over the posted speed limit, and find that old habits die hard. But I find it extremely annoying when some old geiser decides to park in the left lane. It is my belief that if law enforcement would ticket people for failure to keep right, we wouldn't have half the road rage incidents you see on the highway.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love thoughtful drivers. Especially when they keep right except to pass. We have so many elderly drivers in Florida who think it's their right to sit in the left lane of our many two lane highways and crawl along at ten mile an hour under the speed limit. They don't have accidents, they just cause them. As a member of the that age group, I still have a tendancy to maintain the usual 5 mph over the posted speed limit, and find that old habits die hard. But I find it extremely annoying when some old geiser decides to park in the left lane. It is my belief that if law enforcement would ticket people for failure to keep right, we wouldn't have half the road rage incidents you see on the highway.
My wife call this the 'Slow Races' lol

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we are going (slowly) down this road. Where do some people get the idea that the speed limit does not apply to them? You know your doing the speed limit and they are flashing their lights to do faster... Oh it is probably and emergency.

Depends on if they are flashing their lights for you to speed up, or for you to get out of the passing (fast) lane. My opinion is, if you are in the passing lane and there is someone who wants to go faster, regardless of the speed you are going...get over. The rule is, slower cars keep right. Not slower cars keep right, unless you are going at or above the posted speed limit, then feel free to take it upon yourself to police the highway and keep everyone obeying the law.

EDIT:
That being said, if you can't safely get over or are on a two lane road, and are doing the speed limit, they are at your mercy!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That not having land mines is a big safety plus.
Where G1 and I have been no land mines are necessary! No driving training, lax road rules and the gross undervaluing of human life is all that is needed. Like I said, it's hard to think of any American city's traffic is all that bad after seeing what a 3rd world/developing country has to offer.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on if they are flashing their lights for you to speed up, or for you to get out of the passing (fast) lane. My opinion is, if you are in the passing lane and there is someone who wants to go faster, regardless of the speed you are going...get over. The rule is, slower cars keep right. Not slower cars keep right, unless you are going at or above the posted speed limit, then feel free to take it upon yourself to police the highway and keep everyone obeying the law.
Yup, defensive driving is not to be confused with allowing yourself to be pushed around by the rude on the road! I learned this while on my scooter. If they want to go fast and fast (as a small friend of mine says) let them do it! No skin off your nose and your life is preserved. The other driver's driving will probably catch up to him. The idea of driving is to get where you want/need to go in a reasonable time, safely!! Oh, and enjoy the drive too. Once we get our Elios, we'd better practice defensive driving, remember, it's well protected but it's still very light weight and would end up on the short end of the stick in an accident. Wham, bam, no thank you ma'am!!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we are going (slowly) down this road. Where do some people get the idea that the speed limit does not apply to them? You know your doing the speed limit and they are flashing their lights to do faster... Oh it is probably and emergency.
No, it probably means they want to pass in the passing lane.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

EDIT:
That being said, if you can't safely get over or are on a two lane road, and are doing the speed limit, they are at your mercy!

I would have bet on this response. I only put it in to see who would argue for their right to break the law. Would Jesus have been a speeder? WWJD?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would have bet on this response. I only put it in to see who would argue for their right to break the law. Would Jesus have been a speeder? WWJD?
upload_2014-11-4_12-30-32.jpeg

This doesn't say unless you are doing the speed limit.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're baiting me now! But I'll play along.
He would obey the laws of the governing authorities, as those governing authorities are put in place by His Father.
As to whether I speed? Next question...o_O

Top Bottom