• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tolls And The Autocycle

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Texas charges by the axle, but there has been talk off and on about letting MC (and perhaps Elio-like vehicles) use the HOV lanes and toll roads for free. HOV shouldn't be a problem, but letting anyone ride on our usurious toll-tax roads free of charge would be politically dangerous. The only way you and I are going to escape tolls is to make it a "conservation" issue to encourage more drivers to ride three wheels.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Texas charges by the axle, but there has been talk off and on about letting MC (and perhaps Elio-like vehicles) use the HOV lanes and toll roads for free. HOV shouldn't be a problem, but letting anyone ride on our usurious toll-tax roads free of charge would be politically dangerous. The only way you and I are going to escape tolls is to make it a "conservation" issue to encourage more drivers to ride three wheels.
They don't let MC use the HOV lanes there??
That has been the norm here since they put them in; since you are using 50% of the passenger space it's considered the same as 2 people in a car, 50% of the space. They have already determined that in WA and OR (I think CA too) that they will be able to use the HOV lanes.
I don't know about ID but up where I-90 enters the state, it's only 36 miles across and IIRC it's 2 lanes each direction, and it's into Montana (home of the $5 speeding tickets).

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, MCs use the HOV lanes, but they pay a toll like everyone else. While originally intended to be free, HOV lanes here now charge big time tolls, making them HOT (high occupancy toll) lanes during rush hours.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do tolls cost? Since we don't have them, I have no idea.
what do you mean we?
SR 520 Bridge Toll Rates

Tolls are collected in both directions of the bridge. The toll equipment for both directions is set up on the east highrise structure.

SR 520 toll rates for two-axle vehicles (includes motorcycles)
as of July 1, 2015:

Motorcycles typically have two axles and pay the same toll as larger two axle vehicles. Vehicles with more than two axles will pay a higher pro-rated toll rate (pdf 133 kb).

Monday - Friday

Good To Go! Pass

Pay By Mail

Midnight to 5 a.m.

$0

$0

5 a.m. to 6 a.m.

$1.80

$3.45

6 a.m. to 7 a.m.

$3.10

$4.70