• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tolls And The Autocycle

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Illinois, it depends on which road you're on, and whether you are using an I Pass or paying cash. For instance, I-294 (The Tri State around Chicago), you pay roughly $0.75 to $0.95 per toll plaza if you're using an I Pass, and $1.50 to $1.90 if you're paying cash. I-88, OTOH, is $1.80 for an I Pass at the western end, and $3.60 for cash. An interesting aside here is that there's reciprocity on toll roads going east from Illinois, and your I Pass will work on the Indiana and Ohio toll roads, and anywhere that New York's EzPass is accepted. We did a trip to Maine in the fall of 2012, and the I Pass worked all the way out and back, with the consequent savings in tolls over using cash.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tacoma Narrows had a "twin" in Maine. After Tacoma Narrows failed, the deck on it's twin in Maine was deepened to stiffen the deck. The old bridge was only recently replaced.

RUCRAYZE, can't believe you've never seen that film before! That's probably the most famous bridge collapse ever here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you mean we?
SR 520 Bridge Toll Rates

Tolls are collected in both directions of the bridge. The toll equipment for both directions is set up on the east highrise structure.

SR 520 toll rates for two-axle vehicles (includes motorcycles)
as of July 1, 2015:

Motorcycles typically have two axles and pay the same toll as larger two axle vehicles. Vehicles with more than two axles will pay a higher pro-rated toll rate (pdf 133 kb).

Monday - Friday

Good To Go! Pass

Pay By Mail

Midnight to 5 a.m.

$0

$0

5 a.m. to 6 a.m.

$1.80

$3.45

6 a.m. to 7 a.m.

$3.10

$4.70

7 a.m. to 9 a.m.

$3.90

$5.55

9 a.m. to 10 a.m.

$3.10

$4.70

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

$2.45

$4.15

2 p.m. to 3 p.m.

$3.10

$4.70

3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

$3.90

$5.55

6 p.m. to 7 p.m.

$3.10

$4.70

7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

$2.45

$4.15

9 p.m. to 11 p.m.

$1.80

$3.45

11 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.

$0

$0
When did this happen? Did they finally change that from 2 lanes each way? And is it still a floating bridge?

The East side for tolls; that figures, when I moved up here in 1975 they had just closed the toll plaza on the East side. That and I-90 used to have a bulge in it; when they took the bulge out, they found a car on the bottom of the lake with the remains of the driver still in it; it was years before that this girl went missing, and they never found her; seems she hit the inside curb at high speed, and it was just enough to launch her up and over the outside railing and it didn't leave a mark on it (the inner curb had so many tire marks, you could never tell one from the other).
Wow, 520 is a toll road again; next thing you'll tell me is they have trains (like commuter trains) up there now.
I haven't been in the Seattle area since 2004; looks like I wouldn't recognize the place.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
O K they ain't "trains", but they do run on tracks. I can go from the UofW to Seatac for $1.00 (senior card)
two years away from opening station @ NE 65th St, and long after I'm gone to that choo choo in the sky- up to Northgate!!
Link light rail

Link weekday schedule

View a different route

Effective Mar 19, 2016—Sep 9, 2016

Line map - to downtown Seattle
[Broken External Image]

Approximate train frequencies - weekdays
5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. Every 15 minutes
6:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Every 6 minutes
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Every 10 minutes
3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Every 6 minutes
6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Every 10 minutes
10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. Every 15 minutes

Northbound

SeaTac/Airport

Tukwila Int'l

Rainier Beach

Othello

Columbia City

Mount Baker

Beacon Hill

SODO

Stadium

Int'l
Dist

Westlake

Capitol Hill

UW

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When did this happen? Did they finally change that from 2 lanes each way? And is it still a floating bridge?

The East side for tolls; that figures, when I moved up here in 1975 they had just closed the toll plaza on the East side. That and I-90 used to have a bulge in it; when they took the bulge out, they found a car on the bottom of the lake with the remains of the driver still in it; it was years before that this girl went missing, and they never found her; seems she hit the inside curb at high speed, and it was just enough to launch her up and over the outside railing and it didn't leave a mark on it (the inner curb had so many tire marks, you could never tell one from the other).
Wow, 520 is a toll road again; next thing you'll tell me is they have trains (like commuter trains) up there now.
I haven't been in the Seattle area since 2004; looks like I wouldn't recognize the place.

Actually, they built a whole new 520 floating bridge (although it's only open in one direction right now, the other direction still uses the old bridge). At least, that's my understanding. I haven't really been over that way in several years.

Top Bottom