• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Unintended Benefits Of Elio Ownership...

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The Elio will make for a very interesting drivers license renewal car. Having the instructor hidden in the back seat wondering how your doing should make for a simple pass.
Must be an Illinois thing, in NC we just have to correctly identify unmarked signs as to what they mean by their color and shape.

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Elio will make for a very interesting drivers license renewal car. Having the instructor hidden in the back seat wondering how your doing should make for a simple pass.

You have to take a driving test to get your license renewed? I just have to pay the ~25 bucks and take a simple vision test.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't even remember the last time I had to take an actual driving test. I always make sure I renew my license before it expires and that seems to eliminate the driving test. When I moved here to Oregon I had to take a written and a vision test and my license is good for 8 years. Same in Idaho, Nevada, California. I may have had to take one in Ohio but that probably would have been for my school bus drivers license. That leaves Missouri, Tennessee, Texas (maybe), NC and of course my first license in California. I'm fairly certain I had to take one then. It helps that I have never had a moving violation. I have had 3 accidents and in each case I could not avoid someone who was at fault. Not bad for a little old lady! LOL :) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll tell you, I think this unintended benefits must be a man thing because I am the only woman who has posted on it. You have all come up with some very funny things but all I can think of is I am going to have to put my purse and my cane in the back seat. And my book, and my cell phone, and . . . . . . . One thing nice though, I won't get lonely in the front seat by myself because everyone will be watching this cute little car coming down the road and waving at me. And I can wave from either window! Or both at stop signs and lights. That will do. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom