• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Senator Vitter Introduces Autocycle Safety Act - S.685

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking Silver or Marshmallow. It gets hot here in Delaware in the Summer (assuming it ever gets here this year), so maybe it will reflect the heat and keep the A/C down.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: I believe that with the majority of states already enacting Autocycle legislation, as a stand alone bill, its got a good chance to get to the desk of the President

That would be nice, though 'riders' typically have
an easier time of it. They used to call it "Christmas
Treeing" using ornaments as the analogy. Regardless
there looks to be much good will behind the little engine
that could..........:)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is not accurate.
Elio is not actually receiving any State or local aid.
Accurate in the sense that EM has received no direct funds, but has received Caddo Parrish support and the offer of State incentives only when the Elio is manufactured. That's not State a Local government 'Supporting' our dream?

The only reason Caddo Parrish invested the $7.5 Million in public funds for the GM Plant was the promise of Elio Motors providing 1500 high paying manufacturing jobs. I hope for Caddo Parrish it turns out to be a sound investment.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Accurate in the sense that EM has received no direct funds, but has received Caddo Parrish support and the offer of State incentives only when the Elio is manufactured. That's not State a Local government 'Supporting' our dream?

The only reason Caddo Parrish invested the $7.5 Million in public funds for the GM Plant was the promise of Elio Motors providing 1500 high paying manufacturing jobs. I hope for Caddo Parrish it turns out to be a sound investment.

I hope for Caddo Parish and all us us it turns out to be a sound investment.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking Silver or Marshmallow. It gets hot here in Delaware in the Summer (assuming it ever gets here this year), so maybe it will reflect the heat and keep the A/C down.
RetroElio.jpg
:)

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is the scam of an out of control bloated government. Tax and fee us all down to size so that when they loosen the rope a little bit they think of themselves as doing us a favor.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Senator Vitter wants to bring in good jobs for his people and he wants his people to know that. That is probably the reason for his bill and I would do the same. I am sure it will stay in committee until there are enough elios on the road to matter. At that time congress may take action.

States can only use the autocycle classification because they are forced to accept the motorcycle classification of the federal government. However the federal government does not have that restriction because they are the ones creating the motorcycle classification of the elio in the first place. They will look at the elio and see the same thing we all see: a three wheeled automobile. I believe the rest of congress is more likely to reclassify it as that.

If this issue becomes important to the auto companies, I believe they will prevail. EM may have Sen. Vitter on their side, but the deep pockets of the auto companies and their full time lobbyists will have the rest of congress. They have influence Paul Elio could only dream of having.

I hope all this turns out well, but if it happens, I am sure it will be after we have our vehicles. The elios will have to appear in large numbers on the road before anything happens. The question in my mind is if I should get two elios early on. And be grandfathered in, with only a regular MC classification on the title.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahead of you.
Go here: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s685
Click on "Call Congress"
Click on "I support this bill"
Follow directions (including an example of how the conversation will most likely go)
You'll be contacting your congressman but there are several on the committee and the more who are familiar with the issue, the more likely they'll be ready to support it.
Done!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the email from EM about Sen. Vitter, the trunk lid shows two black "straps" hanging down from the trunk lid.

Does anyone know what these are?

Top Bottom