• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Senator Vitter Introduces Autocycle Safety Act - S.685

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never saw this image before -Either Paul has a VERY big head, or the E has a VERY small trunk!! When I saw it in person the E didn't look THAT small, For publicity shots, I'd can this one

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually they are the same however according to the CAFE standards EV's count x2 so the $5,000 matches up exactly with the $2,500 that EM has said their credits would be worth on the market. These credits can indeed provide EM more profit than selling the vehicles and accessories so this is actually a huge incentive for EM to keep their prices as low as possible so they can sell more vehicles and as a result sell more of those highly profitable credits.

EM has also said that major auto manufacturers would be willing to pre-buy some credits. So if EM could sell credits right now for the 40,000 reserved vehicles at $2,500 each that is $100 million in credit sales which would go a long way towards funding EM's production but also would really help them bring in investors. Actually the investors part is what I see is likely behind the timing of this news. With EM exhibiting at the New York Auto Show in just a few weeks this news will really help them sell their idea to the horde of New York based investors and investment firms as this creates the very real possibility of a large profit potential for this small vehicle start up company. This also gives EM some really good news on the financial front, to go along with the safety and big engine news, which is important for EM to discuss with all the media which will be covering EM at that important event.
I don't care how Goofy you are, you're a SMART Goofy!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My letter to Sens. Portman and Brown (OH)

Dear Sen. Brown:

I’m asking you to join Senator Vitters of LA in sponsoring S. 685.
S.685 is a bill to prescribe safety standards for auto cycles and related equipment, and forother purposes. Autocycles are enclosed, 3-wheel vehicles with automotive engines, automotive controls, and other automobile-like features including seats, not saddles. Autocycles are an emerging class of fuel-efficient vehicles that need both recognition and regulation.

Current federal law classifies such vehicles as “motorcycles.” However, the differences are very large, and they are closer to cars than to motorcycles — yet are definitely not cars. They should be recognized as a separate class —“auto cycles.”

Autocycles need safety, fuel economy, and emissions regulation. They can be more efficient than cars, and as safe — but there are no safety standards for such vehicles.
Accordingly, I’m asking you to join Sen. Vitters in sponsoring S. 685.
Thank you.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So who's going to introduce a parallel bill in the House?

To hazard a guess it will be the representative from "Shreveport"
District #4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McCrery ??
LA113.jpg

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has also said that major auto manufacturers would be willing to pre-buy some credits. So if EM could sell credits right now for the 40,000 reserved vehicles at $2,500 each that is $100 million in credit sales which would go a long way towards funding EM's production but also would really help them bring in investors.

We have hypothesized about the "Big Three" buying "CAFE Credits" before.
But that was predicated on built units. To pre-buy (CC's) based on reservations
is interesting if even feasible. It might be possible to "Reserve Credits" based
on a "Letter of Credit" to Elio's bank of record??? :)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have hypothesized about the "Big Three" buying "CAFE Credits" before.
But that was predicated on built units. To pre-buy (CC's) based on reservations
is interesting if even feasible. It might be possible to "Reserve Credits" based
on a "Letter of Credit" to Elio's bank of record??? :)
It may not be possible to "pre-buy" credits. They may be able to reserve them though. Ford may pay $1,000 to reserve each credit with the understanding that they'd then pay $2,000 when available. However, if all of a sudden, the Federal government said "Elio Motors will qualify for one credit per vehicle they produce." (I know... government doing something fast...), an investor might think "Hmm... $6,800 car subsidized by credits worth $2,250 for each vehicle (actually, it's $2,500 per credit but Elio has to keep 10% of the credits as each manufacturer is required to pay 1 credit per 10 vehicles produced) plus the $1,000 net profit in each vehicle would be $3,250 profit on each $6,800 of sales plus 10% on all options sold." 47% profit is not bad at all in the auto manufacturing world.

Top Bottom