• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Video From P4 Event In Broomfield, Co

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The wait was 1 hour, but was made bearable by the enthusiasm around me. A guy drove from Colorado Springs to Broomfield (about a 2-hour trip) and kept saying, "this is only going to make me go crazy waiting for delivery." He went all-in a year ago and has visualized many Elio trips great and small -- all of them fun.
Another guy, a mechanical engineer and car enthusiast, learned about the Elio through Jalopnik. He had detailed questions and seemed to get ever more interested as we filled him in on the details we've read here. He asked questions about the frame and I showed him the pix posted on this forum of the P1 (just a skeleton before green skin made it P2).
My wife was and still is leery of the Elio -- she felt cramped in the back seat. I'm not sure it matters. The Elio likely will be our third car, with just me in it 98 pct of the time. The teenager acted like she wasn't impressed, which might mean she is. Or not.
All ages were in the line, though it skewed to Baby Boomer males.

That first guy in the car was priceless. He looked so jazzed up, and ready to drive off.
I love watching these home made videos. It keeps my momentum going.
I can't believe how shiny that car is!
Thanks for posting Skrizman.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They appeared to be having trouble with the trunk lid that day. The rubber seal was dislodged and it didn't latch when closed.

I'd bet if the had a counter/clicker to tell times the door, hood, and hatch had been opened, they have some significant data on durability....gotta be in the 6 digit range by now!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
The wait was 1 hour, but was made bearable by the enthusiasm around me. A guy drove from Colorado Springs to Broomfield (about a 2-hour trip) and kept saying, "this is only going to make me go crazy waiting for delivery." He went all-in a year ago and has visualized many Elio trips great and small -- all of them fun.
Another guy, a mechanical engineer and car enthusiast, learned about the Elio through Jalopnik. He had detailed questions and seemed to get ever more interested as we filled him in on the details we've read here. He asked questions about the frame and I showed him the pix posted on this forum of the P1 (just a skeleton before green skin made it P2).
My wife was and still is leery of the Elio -- she felt cramped in the back seat. I'm not sure it matters. The Elio likely will be our third car, with just me in it 98 pct of the time. The teenager acted like she wasn't impressed, which might mean she is. Or not.
All ages were in the line, though it skewed to Baby Boomer males.

Really well done. Thanks!

Top Bottom