• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe yellow was ever an option, when I asked them if it would be I got a reply that it was the most asked about color but that they had no plans on using it....burns my butt...cause I want a yeller one...
I'm sick of RED as a color, so many of the classic restores I've seen over the years have been red...if I never saw another red car it wouldn't hurt my feeling. Just my own opinion,,,,my current choice of options available will be Orange, Green, White, Silver, Black in that order.
I don't know if Yellow was an option but I have seen early promotional materials with Yellow as one of the colors in addition to the ones we have now. It seems there was one more color also but I'm not sure. Or maybe one of the colors has been modified because that original picture showed 8 colors and we now have 7. I like red but have been there, done that. After 15 years of gold I am ready for some pizzaz! So it is Creamsicle orange for me. LOL :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I like their selection of colors, but I don't like them doing the candy bright versions of those colors. I can't stand creamsicle, but I could get behind a burnt orange, I also can't stand their green - but a forest green would be terrific, etc. You can't mess up white/black/silver though :)

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like their selection of colors, but I don't like them doing the candy bright versions of those colors. I can't stand creamsicle, but I could get behind a burnt orange, I also can't stand their green - but a forest green would be terrific, etc. You can't mess up white/black/silver though :)

Pearl white would look sharp.

Please no average joe blow silver/grey. Such an ugly color imo. Now if you go with a dark grey that can work.

I like forest green, but I don't know if it would work on this car. Heck you might as well go army green and put a white star on the hood. That would be cool.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Metalic gray or silver is a great starting color for those who want intense mark up vinyls from the vinyl store. Yeah a serious yellow would be one with a little red just to set it slightly darker than bright yellow.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe yellow was ever an option, when I asked them if it would be I got a reply that it was the most asked about color but that they had no plans on using it....burns my butt...cause I want a yeller one...
I'm sick of RED as a color, so many of the classic restores I've seen over the years have been red...if I never saw another red car it wouldn't hurt my feeling. Just my own opinion,,,,my current choice of options available will be Orange, Green, White, Silver, Black in that order.
Hey, olddog1946 I resemble that remark LOL

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heck, I'll be happy just picking a color. My cars have always been used, I buy based on what's available that has what I want, in whatever color the first owner wanted.

Torn between the silver that shouldn't look totally filthy after the first mile of dirt road, or the spiffy looking electric blue.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably cost the same with a primer only. Has anyone heard of this new Nano technology paint that continues to rejuvenate itself for years to come. Permanent sptit shine. go figure.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice color but you just don't see many yellow vehicles.......which is probably why Elio bumped it.
image.jpg

Top Bottom