• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice color but you just don't see many yellow vehicles.......which is probably why Elio bumped it.
View attachment 1348
Hi Rick;
Don't see many greens that color either. Lots of Yellow sport cars. Note the rear black panel. Those rear panels can be colored every other panel red and white with a blue blue background exactly like the tail fins of US Army pre WWII planes. Timeless color schemes in my opinion. Hey I'm talking after market here. LOL

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that yellow has a slightly larger % margin in the compact/sport category than green. Maybe they dropped the wrong color.

I believe Elio Motors has said they chose the available colors due to a combination of expected popularity and cost. It would not surprise me if green was chosen over yellow because of price.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Rick;
Don't see many greens that color either. Lots of Yellow sport cars. Note the rear black panel. Those rear panels can be colored every other panel red and white with a blue blue background exactly like the tail fins of US Army pre WWII planes. Timeless color schemes in my opinion. Hey I'm talking after market here. LOL
Yep, I prefer yellow over green........actually owned a yellow VW many years ago. However, if yellow paint makes for a higher than average production cost, it's a good reason to drop it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I live in a condo overlooking extensive downtown parking lots. Not one green or yellow colored vehicle in the bunch........so neither color is a popular choice.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Colors go in and out of fashion, thus the changing color palette available from manufacturers. Remember burgundy, teal, olive, and the earthtones of years gone by? If you like a particular color, stick around, it'll be back.
Lil4x will you please call Paul and see if I can get a discount on a primer only finish?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been wondering if the body would be "painted" at all.
On my smart, the white body panels are color impregnated plastic.
Now the metallic color cars are painted.

Top Bottom