• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would never have guessed, LOL...Now if you could get it in the shape of a 55 or 56 Chevy??
meet the chevElio 1955
55Elio.jpg

sometimes I can't help myself..
yes I could do a better job of this, but I'm going for speed, not quality.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been wondering if the body would be "painted" at all.
On my smart, the white body panels are color impregnated plastic.
Now the metallic color cars are painted.
I can't find the source, but I did see recently that the panels will be painted.

The panels are painted as mentioned in this Tech Talk which describes the manufacturing steps. The type of fiberglass reinforced composite panels Elio Motors is using is very strong and durable however it does not produce bright vibrant colors so it needs to be painted.

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=727e582c73

CPO Sharky

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Was wondering if there is any way we can all get together and perhaps talk management into adding YELLOW to the mix? I think it would look great.
I'm going creamcycle if no other choice.If Yellow, what would they call it? Lemon is obviously out, banana maybe? Moonrise?
Any ideas? (no taxi cab is a bad idea. wrong yellow.)

Moderator comment: Merged into existing color discussion thread

Last edited by a moderator:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was wondering if there is any way we can all get together and perhaps talk management into adding YELLOW to the mix? I think it would look great.
I'm going creamcycle if no other choice.If Yellow, what would they call it? Lemon is obviously out, banana maybe? Moonrise?
Any ideas? (no taxi cab is a bad idea. wrong yellow.)
This has been discussed in other posts. Yellow is one of the most expensive paints to do so that is why it was eliminated. Remember, the goal is to be able to sell the Elio for $6800. Adding yellow to the color selection will up that considerably. :-) Z

Top Bottom