• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice color but you just don't see many yellow vehicles.......which is probably why Elio bumped it.
View attachment 1348
Thank you Rickb. One of the things I love about this forum is I can mention having seen something and someone will find it and post it. Love you all for that! LOL :-) Z

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My much-loved '72 Opel was, as indicated on the sticker, "Citrus Yellow". . . probably because they wanted to avoid the word "Lemon". But there it as, in all its sunny glory . . . a friend once suggested a little "Sunkist" graphic for the rear quarter-panel. OK, that's pushing it . . .

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving 35 miles on US 65 yesterday and I saw at least 3 or 4 Yellow cars. The total number of cars I saw may have been 300, so I would guess that about 1 percent of the cars out there are yellow. May be some of you can do an impromptu survey as well over the weekend.:)

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although yellow is my color of choice, I'll admit it's a tough color to get right without looking like a school bus. With black stripes or a blacked-out hood, it could begin to look like a giant bumblebee. Or worse.
2010-chevy-camaro-transformers-special-edition-autobot-bumblebee.jpg

Transformers_main_0.jpg

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glenn and the rest of us...Go to asla.corp.com they have the best color ideas in the world.. you know about dip it and the rest...with dip PAINT you can actually use a paint brush and change the colors to what you want..or a spray can for the fenders...lots of colors...neat videos..and really inexpensive...copper? I think so...copper body with black fenders and a black tail ...wow..!

Top Bottom