• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More likely Elio effect because EM advertised the high risk and specifically stated the possiblity of Elio vaporware with no guarantee to deliver. EM (Elio Marketing) simply didn't spend their whopping $141million of funding on R&D to get a validated product ready to market. Elio assembled a team of marketers that were very successful with their Say Hello to Elio Marketing Campaign. Some followers are now saying Goodbye to Elio after nearly a decade........Elio effect.
This is exactly what happened to Peble. Great idea but when the product came out, they made a few mistakes. First was that they came out with a product that the big manufacturers were 3 months away from releasing. Second was that they misread the market because the current smart watch customers were into things like running and cycling (which use Garmin and later on FitBit, Peble didn't include that (technically it did but you had to have a phone hooked up to it as it couldn't do it on it's own). Peble knew that Apple and Samsung were coming with their own watches and this Peble forced it to production. In the end, it was not that good of a product when released. Top it off, they needed more crowdfunding to get the next product to market which by then was way behind on technology.

Another example is Plastc. The credit card that could do everything. Too bad Apple and Android pay came out a year before this company was going to release the product and thus no need for a single battery powered credit card which had questionable technology anyway (i.e. re-writable chip). Top it off, Apple and Android Pay use your fingerprint of facial recognition and are set up to give you a notice every time your credit card is used no matter what method (online, swipe and insert). To finish off Plastc, they were banking on very little vendors were going to use Apple or Android Pay and as anyone that uses it has found out, many actually do.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is Elio having (or about to have) this issue?

Osborne effect

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Osborne effect is a term referring to the unintended consequences of a company announcing a future product, unaware of the risks involved or when the timing is misjudged, which ends up having a negative impact on the sales of the current product. This is often the case when a product is announced too long before its actual availability. This has the immediate effect of customers canceling or deferring orders for the current product, knowing that it will soon be obsolete, and any unexpected delays often means the new product comes to be perceived as vaporware, damaging the company's credibility and profitability.

The term was coined after the Osborne Computer Corporation, in which the company took more than a year to make its next product available and eventually ran out of cash and went bankrupt in 1985.[
Of course it is and it will change drastically as soon as Paul shows is face with some good news.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Done. Will let you know when I get a reply.

Boo boo
9:23 PM (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Elio
cleardot.gif

Happy New Year.

I and others are wondering what happened to the Momentum and 3 Wheeler Blogs we were accustomed to?
It was comforting to know something, anything.

Thank You
Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jan 4, 12:29 EST

Thanks for checking in Booboo.
The Friday Blog will resume tomorrow!
Best,
The Elio Team

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or diversify with other crowdfunding startups... Put half my speculative money in ELIO & half in XTI. I still believe in both but need to hold on for rough ELIO ride down to a buck and hopefully a post court case Renaissance...meanwhile XTI shares are only a crowdfunding buck. What's with the Momentum?

By momentum I mean support/confidence. It doesn't matter how good or bad a company is, if there is enough confidence behind it, it will do well. This has been tested several times with stock. I think there was a study in the early 1900s where there were 5 pretty girls going up for some beauty award. The first question ask who do you think is the prettiest. The next question asks who you think will win. Often times those answers were different because the 2nd was asking what everyone else thinks. There is also a big difference between a good company and a good stock.

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or diversify with other crowdfunding startups... Put half my speculative money in ELIO & half in XTI. I still believe in both but need to hold on for rough ELIO ride down to a buck and hopefully a post court case Renaissance...meanwhile XTI shares are only a crowdfunding buck. What's with the Momentum?

Instead of crowdfunding companies, why not diversify with companies like Amazon?

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instead of crowdfunding companies, why not diversify with companies like Amazon?
I like conservative stock funds like Doubleline Shiller enhanced Large Cap for less risky end of the spectrum diversification and researching crowd funded startups that may turn into the next Amazon...hopefully not a lottery ticket...on the high risk end.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By all indications, Amazon is going to double it's size by building it's new monster mega-center HQ.
Creating 50,000 new jobs for the lucky city of their choice. It should send their stock through the roof.

Strange how they don't seem to be muzzled by the SEC and NDAs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom